Yes, it's me

Harry,

You remind me of the British in 1775. " I don't understand why the
colonists are so upset. We used to be able to tax them without any dissent,
but now suddenly they want representation. Well, I suppose everything
changes, For the worse."

Is it possible that you never-ending personal attacks and insults is the
reason for the "tone" of rec.boats? Is it possible that your non-stop
political trolls have turned rec.boats from a friendly place to discuss
boats and occasionally off topic discussion, into a free for all?

Harry, you are so oblivious that you don't realize you are the problem.

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:03:23 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote:

"Smithers" is a main part of the problem.

Note that before he began playing his multiple identity game here
(upwards of 30 different identities, including some theft of identities),
we simply did not have a major problem with that sort of 7th Grade
behavior here. Now, we have "Smithers" doing it, we have Christopher K.
Greenhalgh doing it again, and on a larger scale than he had done
previously, we had Tuuk doing it, and we have several others doing it.

Their goal is the complete destruction of what remains of this newsgroup.

Harry, why not try leading by example and stop the political trolls? All
of you guys have way too much time on your hands.

The OT posts don't bother me at all, Wayne, and never have. There are so
few decent boating-related posts in this newsgroup now, that if it weren't
for the OT stuff, there's be no need to check this newsgroup but once a
week. Or month. The very decent posters here who engage in OT banter have
been doing so for years without devolving into the kind of slimeball
behavior you see from Tuuk, Smithers, Netsock and our assembly of
anonymous posters. I filter out most of these droolers, and when you do
that, there aren't many posts left. They've taken over.

We used to be able to mix up boat-talk and other kinds of talk here,
before we were Smithered. Well, I suppose everything changes. For the
worse.