Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Smith

Default Battery question

I would bring the battery to a service center and have them test the battery
to make sure it will hold a charge. The battery sitting in the boat over
the winter months can be very damaging to the battery.

If the battery is in good condition, your engine will recharge the battery,
if the battery is on it's last legs, it will peter out on you at the worst
time.

"Jim Woodard" wrote in message
I have had my boat sitting on the trailer since late November.
Yesterday, I decided it was nice enough to check it out...I turned
the key and got the familiar sound, and was able to raise the motor
to normal position.

My question is: Is it necessary for me to charge the battery or will
running it up and down the lake for an hour or two be enough to charge
it to sit? I only use it once or twice a week normally.
--
-

Battery Life question Messing In Boats General 9 February 18th 04 04:09 AM
Remote battery for Lectrasan ? Sven General 7 December 13th 03 05:31 PM
charging deep cycle trolling battery with truck [email protected] General 4 November 22nd 03 07:28 AM
More Battery Questions CaptMP General 3 August 26th 03 08:22 PM
Battery Question Belgian General 2 July 18th 03 04:25 PM