John H

Default Bush Exploits Photo of Dead Bodies

On 9 Mar 2004 07:41:46 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

John H wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:29:15 -0500, DSK wrote:

Bert Robbins wrote:
...Kerry has a leadership problem. The last time he led anyone was in Vietnam,
since then he has been a consensus builder and not a leader. Bush has been a
governor and the president.

Well, golly gee, Bush promised to be a uniter, not a divider. The
Bush/Cheney campaign promoted his record of 'building concensus' in
Texas, although his actual record didn't seem to show it much.

So you are saying that Bush is *not* a concensus builder, but instead
tries to stamp out dissent? That sounds about right to me... but it is
not IMHO a desirable characteristic in the leader of a "free" country.

DSK

Here is an example of consensus building:

The Coalition Forces
The world, working together, to make a difference

At this time, 35 countries, in addition to the United States, have
contributed a total of approximately 22,000 troops to ongoing
stability operations in Iraq. These 34 are Albania, Australia,
Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, the
Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary,
Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova,
Mongolia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland,
Portugal, Thailand, the Philippines, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea,
Spain, Ukraine and the United Kingdom

John H

35 out of 90-something. That's almost a third, and most of those have
only commited to humanitarian efforts.

Which of the remaining 60-something would you consider important
additions, Cuba, Haiti, Zaire, Russia, North Korea...?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Charles

basskisser wrote:

Charles wrote in message ...
Harry Krause wrote:

And a total failure at both, just as he has failed at everything in his
adult life.

Bush is POTUS. You're a sad little man.

According to you, Bush is a failure.

What's wrong with this picture?

-- Charlie

Nothing wrong with that picture. Bush IS a failure.

Not to disappoint you, but I wasn't expecting the class dunce to see
anything wrong with that picture.

-- Charlie
DSK

John H wrote:
Thought you'd like it!

Actually, as for the real situation, I don't like it one bit.

BushCo telling the UN to bugger off, while using UN resolutions as a
reason for the war, then begging them to come back and help...
aggravating the Turks (along with several other long standing & staunch
allies) to play up to the Kurds, who are more complicit with Al Queda
than with the US... using various foreign aid goodies to bribe a long
list of countries to agree to be part of the "coalition" while turning a
deaf ear to suggestions for earnest cooperation from other major
powers... the list goes on.

For you to say "I'm NOT a BushCo cheerleader, really I'm not!" while
touting the Iraq war as an example of consensus building.... now *that*
was funny... in a sick sort of way.

DSK

John H

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:10:53 -0500, DSK wrote:

John H wrote:
Thought you'd like it!

Actually, as for the real situation, I don't like it one bit.

BushCo telling the UN to bugger off, while using UN resolutions as a
reason for the war, then begging them to come back and help...
aggravating the Turks (along with several other long standing & staunch
allies) to play up to the Kurds, who are more complicit with Al Queda
than with the US... using various foreign aid goodies to bribe a long
list of countries to agree to be part of the "coalition" while turning a
deaf ear to suggestions for earnest cooperation from other major
powers... the list goes on.

For you to say "I'm NOT a BushCo cheerleader, really I'm not!" while
touting the Iraq war as an example of consensus building.... now *that*
was funny... in a sick sort of way.

DSK

Once Kerry won the Democrat nomination, I became an official Bush
cheerleader.

Below is an example of Bush being a consensus builder. What countries
must be added for you to be happy? Regardless of how much the
countries contributed, they *approved* the war.

Are the "major powers" to which you refer Germany, Russia, and France?
Personally, I'd put Australia, Japan, and the United Kingdom ahead of
all of them.

Here is an example of consensus building:

The Coalition Forces
The world, working together, to make a difference

At this time, 35 countries, in addition to the United States, have
contributed a total of approximately 22,000 troops to ongoing
stability operations in Iraq. These 34 are Albania, Australia,
Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, the
Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary,
Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova,
Mongolia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland,
Portugal, Thailand, the Philippines, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea,
Spain, Ukraine and the United Kingdom

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Jim--

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...

. ..

------

At this time, 35 countries, in addition to the United States, have
contributed a total of approximately 22,000 troops to ongoing
stability operations in Iraq. These 34 are Albania, Australia,
Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, the
Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary,
Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova,
Mongolia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland,
Portugal, Thailand, the Philippines, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea,
Spain, Ukraine and the United Kingdom

John H

35 out of 90-something. That's almost a third, and most of those have
only commited to humanitarian efforts.

35 out of 90 is *almost* a third? LMAO!!

basskisser

"Jim--" wrote in message news:RYCdnYXn2eAzydPdRVn-
35 out of 90-something. That's almost a third, and most of those have
only commited to humanitarian efforts.

35 out of 90 is *almost* a third? LMAO!!

Are you saying that it's NOT almost a third? The number is greater
than 90, to start with. I know your comprehension is a little slow,
but, that is why I said 90-something. Now, if it's 99, then the
percentage would be 35.353535%. Now, I contend that that is, indeed,
almost a third. It is greater than a third by 2.0202020%, making it
quite close to a third, would you not agree? SO, why would someone
think that a number that is a mere 2% off, would not be "almost" a
third? It is closer, if we are using commonly used fractional terms,
than half, or a quarter. If you were going to use an approximation,
I'd say almost a third, is right on the mark.
basskisser

"Jim--" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message
m...

. ..

Bert Robbins wrote:
[...]

Oh, yeah, and another thing, the actual number of countries of the
world, although slightly debatable, is 193, I was wrong. It's more
like ALMOST 18%
John Gaquin

"basskisser" wrote in message

Are you saying that it's NOT almost a third? The number is greater
than 90, to start with. I know your comprehension is a little slow,
but, that is why I said 90-something. Now, if it's 99, then the
percentage would be 35.353535%. Now, I contend that that is, indeed,
almost a third. It is greater than a third by 2.0202020%, making it
quite close to a third, would you not agree? SO, why would someone
think that a number that is a mere 2% off, would not be "almost" a
third? It is closer, if we are using commonly used fractional terms,
than half, or a quarter. If you were going to use an approximation,
I'd say almost a third, is right on the mark.

God, I love the sound of tap-dancing in the morning!

Jim--

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"basskisser" wrote in message

Are you saying that it's NOT almost a third? The number is greater
than 90, to start with. I know your comprehension is a little slow,
but, that is why I said 90-something. Now, if it's 99, then the
percentage would be 35.353535%. Now, I contend that that is, indeed,
almost a third. It is greater than a third by 2.0202020%, making it
quite close to a third, would you not agree? SO, why would someone
think that a number that is a mere 2% off, would not be "almost" a
third? It is closer, if we are using commonly used fractional terms,
than half, or a quarter. If you were going to use an approximation,
I'd say almost a third, is right on the mark.

God, I love the sound of tap-dancing in the morning!

Old Basskisser is quite a commedian John. He is obviously not too good at
math though, which should be an engineers strong point.

John H

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:19:10 -0500, "Jim--" wrote:

[...]

What's worse is that b'asskisser thinks someone really cares what he
thinks!