James Gemmill

Default Front beach ladder retrofit

Does anyone know of an aftermarket front ladder for an open bow
pleasure boat?
I was at a boat show recently and found many new boats have these
convenient ladders. I have an older, 1992, Cobalt and would like to
add such a ladder.
I would not care if the ladder folded out of sight or it was just
added at the beach.

Thanks in advance.

bomar

That actually is a good idea (IMHO) , I can see a great benefit to having
that setup if you go to beaches a lot.
I have seen many stow away portable ladders hung off boats of more of a
fishing type that would probably work.
I am sure you have also.
How about hitting some of those boaters up to see if it would work on yours
and info on brand, etc?

"James Gemmill" gemmilljim@hotmail,com wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:41:29 -0700, James Gemmill
gemmilljim@hotmail,com wrote:

Does anyone know of an aftermarket front ladder for an open bow
pleasure boat?
I was at a boat show recently and found many new boats have these
convenient ladders. I have an older, 1992, Cobalt and would like to
add such a ladder.
I would not care if the ladder folded out of sight or it was just
added at the beach.

Thanks in advance.

Lawrence James

There are some pontoon boat ladders that are removable that might work.
Most of the boats I have seen with those have had provisions for the ladder
built into the hull design. Not easily retrofitted. If you have storage
space a small 2 or 3 step folding ladder would work for beaching, the kind
of ladder you get for using around the house.