Doug Kanter

Default OT GOP Smear tactics

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:04:23 -0500, Jim wrote:

I see no mention of Kerry in the article mentioned. He was out of Naum
before Jane arrived (which you would have known had you read the article
posted)

Duh, research his antiwar activities. I'm not going to spoonfeed you
this stuff.

How about puting both halves of the story together so you can see the
complete person? He fought in Nam, but also participated in anti-war
activities? Sounds to me like he's a responsible patriot who fulfills his
obligations, but has a mind of his own and wants to see his country mature
as the years go by.

Doug Kanter

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:45:40 GMT, bb wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:09:01 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

Duh, research his antiwar activities. I'm not going to spoonfeed you
this stuff.

The guy volunteered, fought, was highly decorated and got out of the
service. After he served, he stood up for what he believed in. Sounds
to me like a guy willing to give his all for his country.

He marched under the North Vietnamese flag. He gave aid and comfort to
the enemy. Those are facts.

At the Paris peace talks, we paid for the facilities and the refreshments.
Sounds like Henry Kissinger gave aid and comfort to the enemy.

Doug Kanter

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Kerry had *every* right to protest the war, as loudly as he wanted.
One could even argue that as a Vet he had "more right" to than others. Be
that as it may.

What will matter is how close he snuggled up to to Hanoi Jane in the

course
of his protest activities. She wasn't a protester, she was almost (or
probably) a traitor. I havn't seen any compelling evidence he got close
enough to her (politicly) to have her stink rub off on him.

Kerry was probably no more important to Jane than Doug Flutey was to General
Mills on a long term basis. Wally won't understand this analogy, though.

Doug Kanter

"WaIIy" wrote in message

Kerry gave aid and comfort to the enemy during a war.
He marched in protest under the enemy flag.

Those are unrefutable facts. It happened.

So what? The Vietnamese had been kicking other invaders out of their country
for 300 years or more by the time we arrived. You honestly think they got a
big kick out of a bunch of people marching with a flag?

thunder

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:00:30 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

Kerry gave aid and comfort to the enemy during a war.
He marched in protest under the enemy flag.

Those are unrefutable facts. It happened.

If the are irrefutable facts, there should be sources to back them up. I
haven't been able to find any. Perhaps you would like to share some?

Jim

Back to the previously referenced

http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason...ear/index.html

Extract

"The Web site for Ted Sampley's Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry offers a
pungent example of the right's rhetorical style: The Viet Cong's
National Liberation Front flag is the background to a shot of a young,
fatigue-clad Kerry. That picture is pure computer magic -- in other
words, a fake."

WaIIy wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:48:15 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:00:30 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

Kerry gave aid and comfort to the enemy during a war.
He marched in protest under the enemy flag.

Those are unrefutable facts. It happened.

If the are irrefutable facts, there should be sources to back them up. I
haven't been able to find any. Perhaps you would like to share some?

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/

Harry Krause

WaIIy wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:48:15 -0500, thunder
wrote:

So is Wally's G.E.D.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Jim

Further expanded just for walley

"But for the Republicans, cutting off Kerry's potential base among
veterans is as vital as deflecting questions about Bush's military
record. From obscure Web sites to Rush Limbaugh to the Weekly Standard,
the right-wing media are eagerly popularizing the same attacks featured
in Sherman's essay. The Web site for Ted Sampley's Vietnam Veterans
Against Kerry offers a pungent example of the right's rhetorical style:
The Viet Cong's National Liberation Front flag is the background to a
shot of a young, fatigue-clad Kerry. That picture is pure computer magic
-- in other words, a fake.

According to author Susan Katz Keating, who has written extensively on
Vietnam veterans and the POW/MIA movement for the Washington Times and
Soldier of Fortune magazine, deception is what Sampley does for a
living. Her book "Prisoners of Hope: Exploiting the POW-MIA Myth in
America," published in 1994 by Random House, exposes how Sampley and his
allies abused the hopes of grieving families for fun and profit. Their
best-known victim, until now, was Sen. John McCain. He first drew
Sampley's poisonous attention when, along with Kerry, he debunked the
idea that Americans were still being held by Vietnam, and endorsed the
restoration of diplomatic relations with the Communist government."

And key Phrases again for Walley (I'd like to try to see things from
his point of view, but I can't get my head up my ass that far)