rwcmick

Default choosing the right cuddy, reinell okay?

so, i think we've determined that we want to get a cuddy. now, the
hard part of trying to figure out which manufacturer.

i went to the pleasanton boat show and of course every sales rep
trashed the competitors and talked up their own product.

one boat that struck us was the reinell. the price was right, with
the range between 22-25k depending on options. but when i spoke to
the glastron rep, he said that the partial wood construction was
eventually cause problems. of course, the glastron guy talked up his
own boats.

both reinell and glastron aren't the same companies that they used to
be, kal kustom and genmar now own them, so i guess i'm wondering if
they are decent boats? we're going to use this boat on the sf bay and
on nearby lakes. i think i'm sold on getting a closed loop cooling
system to prevent salt water troubles.

any thoughts? we'd like to spend between 20 - 30. not opposed to
buying used. and also not opposed to waiting and spending a big more
(like a crownline) if that is what it takes to get a well made boat.

thanks for any tips!

Calif Bill

"Sir Spamalot" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:45:47 -0000, "simon gilder"
wrote:

Hey i'm no expert but try a Bayliner.
Good value for money i.e you get a lot for your money.

Simon

Troll................

NOSPAM: Please remove "my" in "comcast" to reply.

Yes you seem to be a troll. Mention Bayliner, and up jumps spammer troll.
Lots of Bayliners in SF bay. The Tophys seem to function well. Not sinking
all over the place. Last one that sank that I know of, was because they ran
it onto the breakwater at either Santa Cruz or Pillar Point. A Parker,
would probably sink also under the same conditions. A Whaler may not sink,
but would be in several pieces. I do not care for Reinells, as buddy has an
older 19' and the floor rotted, and the sloping front deck would catch big
swells if he ran it in salt water. Was a freshwater boat only.

megabite

First Off! Don'r be fooled by the "Furry Glove Lining" featured by many Boat
manufacturers. They're not stupid.They know that in most sales the woman has
to be sold in order to close the deal. Guess where women look? It ain't at
the engine or the stringers and hull. Be warned........ many a flaw is
revealed once that pretty soft carpeting is removed.
om...