Default Yer another example of what is wrong with America

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.3fd540fcbe41a1f26912dc11a5704900@107 6073390.nulluser.com...
School board: No credit for Hooters work

SAVANNAH, Georgia (AP) --A 17-year-old high school senior working at a
Hooters won't get class credit for her job because the restaurant, known
for its waitresses in tight T-shirts and hot pants, is too racy, school
district officials decided Thursday.

Laura Williams wanted her hostess job, for which she wears long pants
and a collared shirt, to count as part of a work-study program that lets
students leave school early so they can work for vocational course credit.

Williams plans to keep the job and give up the credit.

She and her father had asked the school board to overrule the school
superintendent's decision that Hooters is an inappropriate workplace for
the Effingham County High School program.

All five members of the county school board voted down the restaurant.

"I know we live in a world of Britney Spears, but I don't see us giving
school credit in that atmosphere," said school board member Vera Jones.

"It doesn't matter what decision they make," Williams said Thursday. "I
plan on staying there. It's just a fun place to work."

Williams' father, Larry Williams, said he's considering a lawsuit
against the school system.

Aaron Sharp, manager of the Savannah Hooters, has said the school
superintendent overreacted. He said his restaurant strives for a family
atmosphere that includes balloons for children and a kids' menu.

Vocational education programs at the high school allow students to leave
the campus early each day to work at retail, administrative, service and
other jobs. Students earn credits for the courses based on their
supervisors' evaluations of their work ethic and performance.

-----------------------

It would have been ok, of course, for the young lady to work as a
hostess at a gun club. In America, guns are ok, but anything that hints
at sexuality MUST BE REPRESSED.

What a sick society we have.

Yep. I agree, sick society. Locally, last week the school suspended two 6

graders for bringing "weapons" to school--2 inch guns from "action figures".

That's amazing, when you realize that if it wasn't for guns, morons in this
group would not be able to make these biased comments. And then the sex
thing: must be a perfect country when so many people can worry about J
Jacksons .5 partial breast exposure instead of something that counts. The
really sorry part was that ANYBODY would actually watch the halftime show to
begin with.

Now, lets get back to something worth talking about,
like boating. D