swatcop

Default Gasparilla Parade

Well, if any of you are going to be attending the Gasparilla Parade in Tampa
Bay this Saturday I'll be one of the marine units floating around escorting
the pirate ship. I've never been to the parade before (by choice), but I
hear it's rather interesting. I plan on bringing my cam-corder and several
disposable cameras. Anyway, look for the 21' Sea Pro that says "Police" on
the side. I'll be one of the 2 guys in gray BDUs and a blue polo shirt.
Happy boating.
- Bill

bb

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:56:02 GMT, "swatcop"
wrote:

Well, if any of you are going to be attending the Gasparilla Parade in Tampa
Bay this Saturday I'll be one of the marine units floating around escorting
the pirate ship.

Looks like a crappy day for Gasparilla. Nothing like up north, but
still looks to be blowing, raining and cooler. Enjoy it and good
luck.

bb
Joe

"swatcop" wrote in message
. ..
Well, if any of you are going to be attending the Gasparilla Parade in

Tampa
Bay this Saturday I'll be one of the marine units floating around

escorting
the pirate ship. I've never been to the parade before (by choice), but I
hear it's rather interesting. I plan on bringing my cam-corder and several
disposable cameras. Anyway, look for the 21' Sea Pro that says "Police" on
the side. I'll be one of the 2 guys in gray BDUs and a blue polo shirt.
Happy boating.
- Bill

Is that one of the police boats docked on Harbor Island right across from
the St Pete Forum?

By the way, do you know what the deal is with the new no-wake zones on the
Hillsborough river? Some are saying it's now no-wake year round from Lowery
Park all the way to the end of Harbor Island, while others are saying only a
couple zones have been added.

basskisser

"swatcop" wrote in message ...
Well, if any of you are going to be attending the Gasparilla Parade in Tampa
Bay this Saturday I'll be one of the marine units floating around escorting
the pirate ship. I've never been to the parade before (by choice), but I
hear it's rather interesting. I plan on bringing my cam-corder and several
disposable cameras. Anyway, look for the 21' Sea Pro that says "Police" on
the side. I'll be one of the 2 guys in gray BDUs and a blue polo shirt.
Happy boating.
- Bill

Ah, second best Tampa fun day, right after Guavaween

swatcop

"Joe" wrote in message

"swatcop" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Truthfully, I have absolutely no idea. I work for an out of county agency
and was called to help out with the parade. Sorry I don't have the answer to
your question.
--
swatcop

"If it wasn't for stupid people I'd be unemployed."

swatcop

wrote:

Well, if any of you are going to be attending the Gasparilla Parade in

Tampa
Bay this Saturday I'll be one of the marine units floating around

escorting
the pirate ship.

Looks like a crappy day for Gasparilla. Nothing like up north, but
still looks to be blowing, raining and cooler. Enjoy it and good
luck.

bb

Yeah, I just watched the weather last night. I've heard rumor that they've
even considered postponing the event. If not, I guess it'll make for an
interesting (and wet) day.
--
swatcop

"If it wasn't for stupid people I'd be unemployed."

swatcop

"dcg" wrote in message
I'll be on the trawler Cathryn Rose. The weather has been less than
ideal the last few years. Looks like more of the same this year.

Yeah, I just watched the weather last night. Looks like it's going to be wet
and windy. There's talk of actually postponing it this year. We'll see what
happens.