Don White

Default OT Bush hatred

Wouldn't you like your girls to live in a safer world? Who needs all those
guns?

Butch Ammon wrote in message
snip
Let me put it this way: Any self respecting firearm owner who votes for

Kerry,
might as well just turn in your firearms at the nearest police station

right
after you vote for him.

Butch Ammon

Butch Ammon

Wouldn't you like your girls to live in a safer world? Who needs all those
guns?

Don,

My girls are 17 (almost 18). They love shooting my old Marlin .22, and one of
them actually is a better shot than me! I gave them the instruction the I
received from my dad, from the Coast Guard, etc.. and they listened and
understood.

They also tried their hand at skeet shooting with my Remington 870 12GA, but
they didn't care for the recoil. But they thought it was fun (but hard) trying
to shoot at a piece of clay zinging through the air!

Anyway, my 12GA shotgun, my .22 rifle, and my dad's old 1953 .22 revolver are
always locked up in their cases, and only come out when I use them on the
range.

It is safe where I live and there is no need for violence. Virginia is a nice
state, where if you want to buy a firearm - fine - go ahead! No permits or
miles of red tape. You go through the background check at a gun store, and
then buy your gun and walk out. What's so wrong with that?

Butch Ammon
Don White

No problem for you or the girls...it's the unstable people who might buy or
steal readily available guns and commit mayhem.
As with most laws...the majority of solid citizens have to suffer
inconvenience to help thwart the criminal types.
The less guns in circulation....the less chance small time criminals or kids
will misuse one.
The hard core criminals will easily arm themselves whatever the law is.

Butch Ammon wrote in message
snip
It is safe where I live and there is no need for violence. Virginia is a

nice
state, where if you want to buy a firearm - fine - go ahead! No permits

or
miles of red tape. You go through the background check at a gun store,

and
then buy your gun and walk out. What's so wrong with that?

Butch Ammon

Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message
No problem for you or the girls...it's the unstable people who might buy

or
steal readily available guns and commit mayhem.
As with most laws...the majority of solid citizens have to suffer
inconvenience to help thwart the criminal types.
The less guns in circulation....the less chance small time criminals or

kids
will misuse one.
The hard core criminals will easily arm themselves whatever the law is.

Many hunters enjoy the challenge of using handguns for deer, and never carry
those guns at any other time. No more handguns for them?

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:56:59 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
No problem for you or the girls...it's the unstable people who might buy

or
steal readily available guns and commit mayhem.
As with most laws...the majority of solid citizens have to suffer
inconvenience to help thwart the criminal types.
The less guns in circulation....the less chance small time criminals or

kids
will misuse one.
The hard core criminals will easily arm themselves whatever the law is.

Many hunters enjoy the challenge of using handguns for deer, and never carry
those guns at any other time. No more handguns for them?

Feral pigs. With a .44 Mag revolver.

Them hogs is sumthin' huge too, I'll tell you whut... :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)

Don White

Damn straight!
Handguns not allowed for any type of hunting up here and no one seems to
mind.

Doug Kanter wrote in message

Many hunters enjoy the challenge of using handguns for deer, and never

carry
those guns at any other time. No more handguns for them?

Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message
Wouldn't you like your girls to live in a safer world? Who needs all

those
guns?

First, let's instruct our police to aggressively bully people who drive in
the winter with their windows all fogged up and covered with snow. While
they're at it, they can quadruple the number of sobriety checkpoints.

Forget criminals, who will always find a way to hurt & kill people. Focus on
"regular people" who've done bad things with guns. How many incidents do you
recall over the past 10 years? Big stuff that made news, and caused
legislators to get on their soap boxes? Maybe 3 or 5?

Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Drunk drivers was: OT Bush hatred

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:55:37 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
Wouldn't you like your girls to live in a safer world? Who needs all

those
guns?

First, let's instruct our police to aggressively bully people who drive in
the winter with their windows all fogged up and covered with snow. While
they're at it, they can quadruple the number of sobriety checkpoints.

Personally, I want a total country wide ban on alcohol sales - period,
end-of-discussion.

However that is not a practical solution, so my proposal is .05
alcohol level as illegal and first offense for drunk driving is
automatic suspension and removal of the driver's license for a period
of one year and restricted priviledges for 5 years after reenstatement
(only drive from home to work for example) - no exceptions. I also
don't believe that the courts should be involved - you are caught, you
pay the piper.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)
John Gaquin

..... first offense for drunk driving is
automatic suspension and removal of the driver's license for a period
of one year and restricted priviledges for 5 years after reenstatement
(only drive from home to work for example) - no exceptions.

I've always felt that in areas of public safety, strict enforcement of
simple laws was much preferable to lengthy debate over complex laws. The
fact is that such things work as deterrents.

I recall working in Norway in the mid 70s. Smaller town about 100 miles
from Oslo. Went to a club/bar a few days after arrival with a co-worker,
and at closing (about 1AM, I think) the whole bar was walking home! I asked
my friend about this, and he stated unequivocally that the penalties for DUI
were so prompt and severe that no one would risk it. He was quite surprised
that I asked!!

JG

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:16:49 -0500, "John Gaquin"

..... first offense for drunk driving is
automatic suspension and removal of the driver's license for a period
of one year and restricted priviledges for 5 years after reenstatement
(only drive from home to work for example) - no exceptions.

I've always felt that in areas of public safety, strict enforcement of
simple laws was much preferable to lengthy debate over complex laws. The
fact is that such things work as deterrents.

Agreed.

I recall working in Norway in the mid 70s. Smaller town about 100 miles
from Oslo. Went to a club/bar a few days after arrival with a co-worker,
and at closing (about 1AM, I think) the whole bar was walking home! I asked
my friend about this, and he stated unequivocally that the penalties for DUI
were so prompt and severe that no one would risk it. He was quite surprised
that I asked!!

Actually, I confess - you caught me.

That's where I got the idea. :)

Later,