John H

Default A big day for Bush and Blair and Sen. Kennedy (little off topic)

During several hours of testimony before the Senate Armed Services
Committee, David Kay did not make Ted Kennedy happy. Kennedy tried
valiantly to get Kay to indict Bush, to say that Bush, et al, had to
have known that WMD weren't a threat to the USA prior to the war. But,
it didn't work. Several other Dems also tried, but it didn't work.
Let's see how many retractions there are to the "Bush lied"
statements. Of course, now many will say that Kay lied. These will
probably be the same people that praised Kay's honesty a few months
ago.

The chairman of the BBC resigned today. Seems it's allegations that
Blair had lied were also false.

From MSNBC News:

WASHINGTON - The former top U.S. weapons inspector in Iraq on
Wednesday encouraged Congress to examine the “fundamental false
analysis” that led to the conclusion that Saddam Hussein possessed
weapons of mass destruction, a primary justification by President Bush
for the war in Iraq. But he reiterated that he did not believe that
intelligence analysts were pressured to draw that conclusion.

“We were almost all wrong,” said David Kay, noting that intelligence
services in France and Germany, both of which opposed war with Iraq,
also were convinced that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction before
the U.S. invasion.

But he told members of the Senate Armed Services Committee that he
found no evidence to suggest that the Bush administration influenced
the intelligence community to inflate the assessment of Saddam’s
arsenal as a pretext to go to war.

Rest snipped. Go to http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4049012/

Also from MSNBC:

LONDON - A judge cleared Prime Minister Tony Blair’s administration
Wednesday of any direct involvement in the suicide of a government
expert on Iraqi weapons, but the BBC came under fire for its reporting
of the scandal, prompting its chairman to resign. The British
Broadcasting Corp.’s board of governors said it accepted Gavyn Davies
resignation “with great reluctance and regret."

Blair’s administration was cleared in a report issued by appeals judge
Lord Hutton, who was appointed by Blair to investigate the death of
weapons expert David Kelly.

Snipped. Go to http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4080709/

Also in article:

Hutton said the BBC report that Blair’s government had manipulated its
intelligence in an official dossier about Iraq’s weapons was
unfounded. He specifically rebutted the BBC report that the government
had “sexed up” the dossier to bolster its argument for the war in
Iraq.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Doug Kanter

"John H" wrote in message
During several hours of testimony before the Senate Armed Services
Committee, David Kay did not make Ted Kennedy happy. Kennedy tried
valiantly to get Kay to indict Bush, to say that Bush, et al, had to
have known that WMD weren't a threat to the USA prior to the war. But,
it didn't work. Several other Dems also tried, but it didn't work.
Let's see how many retractions there are to the "Bush lied"
statements. Of course, now many will say that Kay lied. These will
probably be the same people that praised Kay's honesty a few months
ago.

Extreme conclusions on your part, John. Perhaps Kay is being incredibly
diplomatic, particularly in light of the fact that nobody has any idea yet
where our intelligence fell to pieces. My prediction: Kay will end up with a
lofty position in the next administration because he's demonstrating a
unique ability to not offend people while presenting the facts.

John H

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:16:46 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Nope. I watched Kay for several hours today. He was not being
'incredibly diplomatic' but was rebuffing the attempts to buffalo him
by the senators, any of them.

The bottom line, as you stated, was that he was 'presenting the
facts', which refuted the position that Bush lied.

You need to quit trying to earn money by pouncing on customers and
instead waste your time watching C-Span!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
My prediction: Kay will end up with a
lofty position in the next administration because he's demonstrating a
unique ability to not offend people while presenting the facts.

My prediction: the truth will emerge that Saddam hid his WMD's in Syria.
Even Kay alluded to this possibility.

John Gaquin

"NOYB" wrote in message news:HUWRb.597

My prediction: the truth will emerge that Saddam hid his WMD's in Syria.
Even Kay alluded to this possibility.

There is a Syrian journalist who escaped Syria and published a lengthy
article in a Danish (I believe) newspaper just before Christmas (IIRC) --
sorry, details in my computer at work -- wherein he detailed three specific
areas within Syria where multiple huge convoys of equipment had been
transported from Iraq and stored during the winter 02-03. Each area roughly
equivalent in size to a medium to large military base, and still, to this
day, heavily guarded with 24-hour troops, barbed wire, razor wire, etc.
Western press doesn't seem to care, but you can bet your ass the long lense
sats are watching. Facts will out.

Tuuk

Here's the twist (that the conspiracy buffs will hate). Kay testified
before the US Congress yesterday. He (as we have seen) blamed the
Intelligence services. But he also pointed out that both France and
Germany had come to the same conclusion: Saddam had WMDs. The only
difference was how they felt it should be handled. He also pointed out
the Ted Kennedy had agreed that Saddam had the WMDs.

So now we have to add that French Intelligence and German Intelligence
also got it wrong and the conspiracy freaks have to believe that
Kennedy, Chirac and Schroeder were in on the conspiracy with Bush and
Blair.

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message news:HUWRb.597

My prediction: the truth will emerge that Saddam hid his WMD's in Syria.
Even Kay alluded to this possibility.

There is a Syrian journalist who escaped Syria and published a lengthy
article in a Danish (I believe) newspaper just before Christmas (IIRC) --
sorry, details in my computer at work -- wherein he detailed three

specific
areas within Syria where multiple huge convoys of equipment had been
transported from Iraq and stored during the winter 02-03. Each area

roughly
equivalent in size to a medium to large military base, and still, to this
day, heavily guarded with 24-hour troops, barbed wire, razor wire, etc.
Western press doesn't seem to care, but you can bet your ass the long

lense
sats are watching. Facts will out.

Harry Krause

Tuuk wrote:

Ted Kennedy is an idiot. Absolute idiot. The entire Kennedy family should
not be members of public office, there is simply too much corruption on
their part.

We should maybe let an amoeba-brain like you run things, eh, Tuuk?
Oh...wait...we have an amoeba-brain in the White House right now.

--
Email sent to is never read.
John H

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:11:23 -0500, " Tuuk"
wrote:

Ted Kennedy is an idiot. Absolute idiot. The entire Kennedy family should
not be members of public office, there is simply too much corruption on
their part.

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
My prediction: Kay will end up with a
lofty position in the next administration because he's demonstrating a
unique ability to not offend people while presenting the facts.

My prediction: the truth will emerge that Saddam hid his WMD's in Syria.
Even Kay alluded to this possibility.

Probably a little in-breeding too.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Bert Robbins

wrote:

Ted Kennedy is an idiot. Absolute idiot. The entire Kennedy family should
not be members of public office, there is simply too much corruption on
their part.

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
My prediction: Kay will end up with a
lofty position in the next administration because he's demonstrating

unique ability to not offend people while presenting the facts.

My prediction: the truth will emerge that Saddam hid his WMD's in

Syria.
Even Kay alluded to this possibility.

Probably a little in-breeding too.

They wouldn't want Grandpa Joe's rum running money to get out of the family!

Bert