John H

Default A big day for Bush and Blair and Sen. Kennedy (little off topic)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:16:46 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
During several hours of testimony before the Senate Armed Services
Committee, David Kay did not make Ted Kennedy happy. Kennedy tried
valiantly to get Kay to indict Bush, to say that Bush, et al, had to
have known that WMD weren't a threat to the USA prior to the war. But,
it didn't work. Several other Dems also tried, but it didn't work.
Let's see how many retractions there are to the "Bush lied"
statements. Of course, now many will say that Kay lied. These will
probably be the same people that praised Kay's honesty a few months
ago.

Extreme conclusions on your part, John. Perhaps Kay is being incredibly
diplomatic, particularly in light of the fact that nobody has any idea yet
where our intelligence fell to pieces. My prediction: Kay will end up with a
lofty position in the next administration because he's demonstrating a
unique ability to not offend people while presenting the facts.

Nope. I watched Kay for several hours today. He was not being
'incredibly diplomatic' but was rebuffing the attempts to buffalo him
by the senators, any of them.

The bottom line, as you stated, was that he was 'presenting the
facts', which refuted the position that Bush lied.

You need to quit trying to earn money by pouncing on customers and
instead waste your time watching C-Span!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!