BoatBanter.com

-   -   Potato prostitutes...OT (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/29697-potato-prostitutes-ot.html)

N S Sherlock March 30th 05 06:58 PM

"HaKrause" wrote in message

"Yo Ho" has visited Baltimores Inner Harbor many times, and everyone who
sees the name on the side, along with the pirate graphic, gets a yuck, and
that includes people of many colors.

Harry,
It is nice to see you agree that using the word "HO" as a double entendre is
not perceived as racist by anyone, including people of many colors. I have
never seen a person of many colors, but I am sure they would not be
offended.

Chuck,
Even Harry agrees the joke is not offensive to anyone.

Calif Bill March 30th 05 07:02 PM

"HaKrause" wrote in message
John H wrote:
POTATO PROSTITUTES

Two little potatoes are standing
on the street corner. One is a
prostitute.

How can you tell which one is the prostitute?

Hold on......

You're gonna love it...

It's the one with the little sticker that says...

I - DA - HO

Is that one of the racist jokes you tell in the integrated Fairfax
County schools, scumball?

Seems to be a common term for prostitutes. Or maybe it is a "Black Thing"
Sort of like N.W.A.'s "Boyz-N-The Hood" lyrics.

Calif Bill March 30th 05 07:04 PM

You need to do a little research on the n-word regards Bill Cosby and the
use by the teenagers. His opinion is diametrically opposed to yours.

wrote in message
oups.com...
ROFLMAO, that last thing that is is racist.

It was using street expressions used by whites, blacks, browns, yellows
and
purples.

It appears that HaKrause is a racist.

**************

Depends on context and intent.

Example: Two African American teenagers meet on the street and one
greets the other with, "What's up, ******?" They'll laugh and joke and
go on their respective ways.....

I (older white guy) meet either one of the same two teenagers on the
street and say,
"What's up, ******?" and all hell is likely to break loose.

To take the position that anybody should be able to say anything about
a group that certain members of that group say about themselves and
that doing so is not racist would be like stating that because you have
sex with your wife I should be free to do so as well.

Some of that trash talk is culturally proprietary. Blacks use the word
"******" with one another, IMO, because it was a reasonably effective
way to take the sting out of a word that has always meant, "inferior,
subhuman, ignorant slave". IMO, the use of this word between two blacks
is an attempt to change its meaning over a period of time to "brother
of common heritage." (This is somewhat the same concept that
Christians applied when they turned the cross- the structure upon which
Jesus was executed- into the main symbol for the religion and a
positive, rather than a fearful, sign). When a white says "******", he
can't mean "brother of common heritage" and so the original,spiteful
meaning is always assumed to apply.

Was the joke racist? Possibly. Almost any time a white guy needs to
shift into the feigned, stereotypical accent of an African American,
Asian, Mexican, etc to get a laugh there is a strong liklihood that the
humor is racist in nature. I'd be surprised if JohnH could tell that
joke to a classroom of schoolkids in Baltimore.

[email protected] March 30th 05 07:07 PM

Give me a fricken break Chuck.....and lighten up.

************

Almost as funny as John's "joke".

BTW, "lighten up", is that a racist remark? (kidding!)

JimH March 30th 05 07:10 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Give me a fricken break Chuck.....and lighten up.

Almost as funny as John's "joke".

BTW, "lighten up", is that a racist remark? (kidding!)

If you are referring to Michael Jacksons dream, it would be. ;-)