BoatBanter.com

-   -   Potato prostitutes...OT (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/29697-potato-prostitutes-ot.html)

John H March 30th 05 01:54 PM

Potato prostitutes...OT

POTATO PROSTITUTES

Two little potatoes are standing
on the street corner. One is a
prostitute.

How can you tell which one is the prostitute?

Hold on......

You're gonna love it...

It's the one with the little sticker that says...

I - DA - HO

--
John H

N S Sherlock March 30th 05 04:32 PM

ROFLMAO, that last thing that is is racist.

It was using street expressions used by whites, blacks, browns, yellows and
purples.

It appears that HaKrause is a racist.

"HaKrause" wrote in message
John H wrote:
POTATO PROSTITUTES Two little potatoes are standing on the street corner.
One is a prostitute. How can you tell which one is the prostitute? Hold
on...... You're gonna love it... It's the one with the little sticker
that says... I - DA - HO

Is that one of the racist jokes you tell in the integrated Fairfax County
schools, scumball?

JimH March 30th 05 04:37 PM

"HaKrause" wrote in message
John H wrote:
POTATO PROSTITUTES Two little potatoes are standing on the street
corner. One is a prostitute. How can you tell which one is the
prostitute? Hold on...... You're gonna love it... It's the one with the
little sticker that says... I - DA - HO

Is that one of the racist jokes you tell in the integrated Fairfax County
schools, scumball?

Since when was being a whore a matter of race or skin color?

Seems like Krause is associating whores with blacks, making *him* the racist
one.

But we already knew that. ;-)

P.Fritz March 30th 05 04:42 PM

"N S Sherlock" no****sherlock.com wrote in message
ROFLMAO, that last thing that is is racist.

It was using street expressions used by whites, blacks, browns, yellows
and purples.

It appears that HaKrause is a racist.

Most liebrals are, because they believe that ones skin color may demand
special guvmint help.

John H March 30th 05 04:43 PM

Does Krause respond with stupid **** to *every* post I make?
--
John H

N S Sherlock March 30th 05 05:24 PM

Harry,
You are the person who stated you liked the double-entendre of "Yo Ho". Now
you are saying it is racist.

It would appear that you are racist to assume all Ho's are black and only
blacks would use the word "HO".

Shame on you.

"HaKrause" wrote in message

John H wrote:

POTATO PROSTITUTES Two little potatoes are standing on the street
corner. One is a prostitute. How can you tell which one is the
prostitute? Hold on...... You're gonna love it... It's the one with the
little sticker that says... I - DA - HO

Is that one of the racist jokes you tell in the integrated Fairfax
County schools, scumball?

Hee, hee.

Duh.

The name of the boat is not "You Ho," it is "Yo Ho," and the name
incorporates a graphic of a pirate.

The two of you ought to undergo a mindmeld so you'll have an EEG at least
the equal of poor Terri Schaivo.

Sherlock is the latest nom de plume of the "Smith" Idiot?

N S Sherlock March 30th 05 05:26 PM

"HaKrause" wrote in message

Nope, just the ones in which you expose your hypocrisy.

Harry,
Does the expression that would be the "Pot calling the kettle black" mean
anything to you?

Mule March 30th 05 05:48 PM

Krause wrote:
The name of the boat is not "You Ho," it is "Yo Ho," and
the name incorporates a graphic of a pirate.

So you are saying that pirates are ho's. As a part time pirate I am
very offended by this statement!

Chris :)

JimH March 30th 05 05:58 PM

"Mule" wrote in message
oups.com...
Krause wrote:
The name of the boat is not "You Ho," it is "Yo Ho," and
the name incorporates a graphic of a pirate.

So you are saying that pirates are ho's. As a part time pirate I am
very offended by this statement!

Chris :)

I agree. But I think he is saying it is a depiction pirate soliciting a
prostitute, as in "YO.....Ho!". I wonder if the pirate has a woody?

Regardless, what a stupid thing to put on a boat.

[email protected] March 30th 05 05:58 PM

ROFLMAO, that last thing that is is racist.

It was using street expressions used by whites, blacks, browns, yellows
and
purples.

It appears that HaKrause is a racist.

**************

Depends on context and intent.

Example: Two African American teenagers meet on the street and one
greets the other with, "What's up, ******?" They'll laugh and joke and
go on their respective ways.....

I (older white guy) meet either one of the same two teenagers on the
street and say,
"What's up, ******?" and all hell is likely to break loose.

To take the position that anybody should be able to say anything about
a group that certain members of that group say about themselves and
that doing so is not racist would be like stating that because you have
sex with your wife I should be free to do so as well.

Some of that trash talk is culturally proprietary. Blacks use the word
"******" with one another, IMO, because it was a reasonably effective
way to take the sting out of a word that has always meant, "inferior,
subhuman, ignorant slave". IMO, the use of this word between two blacks
is an attempt to change its meaning over a period of time to "brother
of common heritage." (This is somewhat the same concept that
Christians applied when they turned the cross- the structure upon which
Jesus was executed- into the main symbol for the religion and a
positive, rather than a fearful, sign). When a white says "******", he
can't mean "brother of common heritage" and so the original,spiteful
meaning is always assumed to apply.

Was the joke racist? Possibly. Almost any time a white guy needs to
shift into the feigned, stereotypical accent of an African American,
Asian, Mexican, etc to get a laugh there is a strong liklihood that the
humor is racist in nature. I'd be surprised if JohnH could tell that
joke to a classroom of schoolkids in Baltimore.

[email protected] March 30th 05 06:03 PM

Since when was being a whore a matter of race or skin color?

******************

The racist portion of the joke wasn't the reference to prostitution, it
was the need to use the stereotypical accent and slang associated with
African Americans (ebonics) to make a very poor pun.

Litmus test: Could JohnH tell that joke to a class of mixed race
teenagers while subbing at a public school and expect there to be no
reaction? (Beyond the predictable lack of laughter, of course).

JimH March 30th 05 06:04 PM

"JimH" wrote in message

"Mule" wrote in message
oups.com...
Krause wrote:
The name of the boat is not "You Ho," it is "Yo Ho," and
the name incorporates a graphic of a pirate.

So you are saying that pirates are ho's. As a part time pirate I am
very offended by this statement!

Chris :)

I agree. But I think he is saying it is a depiction of a pirate
soliciting a prostitute, as in "YO.....Ho!". I wonder if the pirate has a
woody?

Regardless, what a stupid thing to put on a boat.

edit

John H March 30th 05 06:07 PM

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:26:12 -0500, "N S Sherlock" no****sherlock.com wrote:

"HaKrause" wrote in message

Nope, just the ones in which you expose your hypocrisy.

Harry,
Does the expression that would be the "Pot calling the kettle black" mean
anything to you?

Sounds like Harry's still ****ed 'cause I wouldn't go on his boat with him. Oh
well.

This is just a case of the pot calling names. His 'hypocrisy' allegations are
baseless, but for Harry that's nothing new.
--
John H

JimH March 30th 05 06:08 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Since when was being a whore a matter of race or skin color?

******************

The racist portion of the joke wasn't the reference to prostitution, it
was the need to use the stereotypical accent and slang associated with
African Americans (ebonics) to make a very poor pun.

Litmus test: Could JohnH tell that joke to a class of mixed race
teenagers while subbing at a public school and expect there to be no
reaction? (Beyond the predictable lack of laughter, of course).

Give me a fricken break Chuck.....and lighten up.

N S Sherlock March 30th 05 06:09 PM

Chuck,
See comments below:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Depends on context and intent.

Example: Two African American teenagers meet on the street and one
greets the other with, "What's up, ******?" They'll laugh and joke and
go on their respective ways.....

I (older white guy) meet either one of the same two teenagers on the
street and say,
"What's up, ******?" and all hell is likely to break loose.

To take the position that anybody should be able to say anything about
a group that certain members of that group say about themselves and
that doing so is not racist would be like stating that because you have
sex with your wife I should be free to do so as well.

No, I did not say any such thing. I stated the expression "HO" is used by
people of all ethnic background and is racially nuetral. It is an
expression used by people of a certain age, so if anything it was an age
related joke. ; ) Harry jumping on the joke was his feeble attempt to
appear superior to JohnH.

When Harry was joking about the double entendre concerning his boat "YO HO"
no one thought it was racist, no should they.

[...]

I would hope that teachers are not making jokes about HO's or whores, but I
doubt if anyone would think the joke about white potatoes was racially
motivated.

John H March 30th 05 06:10 PM

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:24:58 -0500, "N S Sherlock" no****sherlock.com wrote:

Harry,
You are the person who stated you liked the double-entendre of "Yo Ho". Now
you are saying it is racist.

It would appear that you are racist to assume all Ho's are black and only
blacks would use the word "HO".

Shame on you.

Good memory! Now that you mentioned that, I recall the statement. Wow, I'm
impressed!
--
John H

John H March 30th 05 06:18 PM

On 30 Mar 2005 08:58:47 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Good morning, Chuck. Do you reckon Harry would yell out the name of his boat in
a school in Baltimore?

JohnH doesn't tell jokes in class. There's not enough time, and almost *any*
joke is offensive to someone (if he/she thinks about it long enough).
--
John H

John H March 30th 05 06:21 PM

On 30 Mar 2005 09:03:38 -0800, wrote:

Since when was being a whore a matter of race or skin color?

******************

The racist portion of the joke wasn't the reference to prostitution, it
was the need to use the stereotypical accent and slang associated with
African Americans (ebonics) to make a very poor pun.

Litmus test: Could JohnH tell that joke to a class of mixed race
teenagers while subbing at a public school and expect there to be no
reaction? (Beyond the predictable lack of laughter, of course).

See earlier post. JohnH would probably get nasty feedback from parents of *all*
ethnicities for telling an 'off color' (or any other) joke in the classroom.

--
John H

N S Sherlock March 30th 05 06:58 PM

"HaKrause" wrote in message

"Yo Ho" has visited Baltimores Inner Harbor many times, and everyone who
sees the name on the side, along with the pirate graphic, gets a yuck, and
that includes people of many colors.

Harry,
It is nice to see you agree that using the word "HO" as a double entendre is
not perceived as racist by anyone, including people of many colors. I have
never seen a person of many colors, but I am sure they would not be
offended.

Chuck,
Even Harry agrees the joke is not offensive to anyone.

Calif Bill March 30th 05 07:02 PM

"HaKrause" wrote in message
John H wrote:
POTATO PROSTITUTES

Two little potatoes are standing
on the street corner. One is a
prostitute.

How can you tell which one is the prostitute?

Hold on......

You're gonna love it...

It's the one with the little sticker that says...

I - DA - HO

Is that one of the racist jokes you tell in the integrated Fairfax
County schools, scumball?

Seems to be a common term for prostitutes. Or maybe it is a "Black Thing"
Sort of like N.W.A.'s "Boyz-N-The Hood" lyrics.

[email protected] March 30th 05 07:07 PM

Give me a fricken break Chuck.....and lighten up.

************

Almost as funny as John's "joke".

BTW, "lighten up", is that a racist remark? (kidding!)

JimH March 30th 05 07:10 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Give me a fricken break Chuck.....and lighten up.

Almost as funny as John's "joke".

BTW, "lighten up", is that a racist remark? (kidding!)

If you are referring to Michael Jacksons dream, it would be. ;-)