Clams Canino

Default Just got back from voting.

We the omnipotent in NH will decide who's left for the rest of you to choose
between.!!

-W

Harry Krause

Clams Canino wrote:

We the omnipotent in NH will decide who's left for the rest of you to choose
between.!!

-W

How's the turnout? How's the weather across the state?

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

How's the turnout? How's the weather across the state?

Most news outlets reporting unusually high turnout. Some weatherfolk are
now downgrading the storm forecast.

That's good. I always like to see high turnout. It means the voters are
engaged.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Clams Canino

GOOD!

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

Some weatherfolk are now downgrading the storm forecast.

NOYB

John Gaquin wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

How's the turnout? How's the weather across the state?

Most news outlets reporting unusually high turnout. Some weatherfolk

are
now downgrading the storm forecast.

That's good. I always like to see high turnout. It means the voters are
engaged.

In the 2000 election in Wisconsin, high turnout simply meant that people
were eager to get their free cartons of cigarettes for voting Democrat.

Clams Canino

You owe me a new mouthfull of chicken!

-W

"NOYB" wrote in message news:zQCRb.27951

In the 2000 election in Wisconsin, high turnout simply meant that people
were eager to get their free cartons of cigarettes for voting Democrat.

Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:51:12 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

How's the turnout? How's the weather across the state?

Most news outlets reporting unusually high turnout. Some weatherfolk are
now downgrading the storm forecast.

Where the hell were they when we needed them???

Dunno, but the exit poll data is interesting:

The exit poll results, which were based largely on interviews conducted
with voters as they left the polls, showed that about half of voters
considered themselves Democrats, and nearly that many called themselves
independent or "something else." Forty-eight percent said they or
someone else in their household had served in the U.S. military.

(Half Democrats, half indies or something else...really interesting)

About a third said they had finally decided on a candidate within the
past three days, the exit poll results showed. Slightly more than a
third said they chose their candidate because they think he can defeat
President Bush in November. More than half said it was because the
candidate agreed with them on the major issues.

Asked to name the one issue that mattered most in deciding which
candidate to support, the largest number of those polled -- about 30
percent -- cited "health care/Medicare," an issue that Kerry repeatedly
emphasized. About a fifth said their biggest concern was the economy and
jobs, while a similar share said it was the war in Iraq.

About eight in ten said they were very or somewhat worried about the
direction of the nation's economy in the next few years.

Nearly two-thirds said they disapproved of the U.S. decision to go to
war with Iraq, and about seven in ten said they felt the war did not
make American safer from terrorism.

ALL issues on which Bush is very, very vulnerable. If Kerry is the
nominee, he'll have Bush on the run from the get-go.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:20:39 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Dunno, but the exit poll data is interesting:

This is, truly, a race to be watched. Pres. Bush is wise enough to
realize that this may not be a cakewalk.... and from the Clinton
administration years, I've learned to disregard how people *say* they
are going to vote.....

As long as the candidate isn't from my home state... I'll at least
listen..... I've seen enough not to beat the drum loudly for GW as I
did in the last election.....

You might be interesting in knowing that Kerry is not nearly as liberal
as the label the neocons are trying to lay over him.

I think Kerry will unite the party and it will get behind him, and even
Democrats who were not supporting him will.

I'm reminded of Lane Kirkland's comments on Walter Mondale. Kirkland,
the former head of the AFL-CIO, was not a fan of Mondale. But when it
became obvious Mondale was going to be the nominee, Kirkland said "We'll
find things to admire about Mondale that even his mother didn't know."

--
Email sent to is never read.