Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Can you bolt a briggs & stratton motor to a outboard bottom end? Reason I ask...

Guys,

Can you bolt a briggs & stratton motor to a outboard bottom end?
Reason I ask is that you can buy 25hp four stroke briggs & stratton
motors for less than a grand. If you could mate them to a 25-35hp
bottom end you would be rockin', no? Not only would it save money, but
I imagine it would last a good while provided you changed the oil once
a year.

I hate those outrageous prices that they want for a silly 25-35hp
outboard. Especially a four stroke. What does the parts look like
that connect a regular two stroke motor to the bottom end? Meaning
does the two stroke motor have a shaft that inserts into a female end
in the bottom end? Wonder how hard it would to engineer this?

Email me with ideas too.

Randolf