Default Can you bolt a briggs & stratton motor to a outboard bottom end? Reason I ask...

Guys,

Can you bolt a briggs & stratton motor to a outboard bottom end?
Reason I ask is that you can buy 25hp four stroke briggs & stratton
motors for less than a grand. If you could mate them to a 25-35hp
bottom end you would be rockin', no? Not only would it save money, but
I imagine it would last a good while provided you changed the oil once
a year.

I hate those outrageous prices that they want for a silly 25-35hp
outboard. Especially a four stroke. What does the parts look like
that connect a regular two stroke motor to the bottom end? Meaning
does the two stroke motor have a shaft that inserts into a female end
in the bottom end? Wonder how hard it would to engineer this?

Email me with ideas too.

Randolf

Why would it get wet? A little splash from wash isn't going to harm
it. I blast my b&s powered lawn mower with cold water right after
mowing the grass...it doesn't magically crack the case/block.

I'm looking for a good/inexpensive tool and don't want to line the
pockets of those greedy corps.

Who's with me?

I should add that b&s motors don't spin more than 4,000 rpm. So it
might mean using a larger prop for the hp rating. If you used a 25hp
b&s you might want to get a 35hp sized prop. So, if I could find a
35hp bottom end and mount a b&s to it...WATCH OUT!

I don't think I live anywhere near salt water and if I did the last
thing I'd try is romping in the surf with a b&s. I'm on inland, fresh
water lakes. I just want something to power my 16ft jon boat and don't
want to look like a fool blowing his kids' education money on a $3k
motor.

I don't need reverse and neutral. As for reverse...I will sit idle
while waiting for a friendly boater with a rope to back me up. As for
neutral...do push lawn mowers have a neutral?

Seriously...for reverse I have a paddle. Neutral is when the engine
isn't running. Cranking the thing isn't going to be that tough with a
little prop. How many of us bought a motor for the ability to reverse
and sit idle? What percentage of the time you use your engine do you
call upon these functions?

I grew up with a 10ft jon and a wooden paddle. Anything is an
improvement.

That's for the "self propelled" function...but there is no neutral for
the "blade"...right? So why do you need a neutral for your prop on a
little 35hp prop? Just be certain your boat is pointed in the right
direction and crank it. Idling I'd be surprised it if would crawl at
2mph...not anywhere close to "gettin' away from you"...right?