Jim,

Default Clinton can't be all bad

Clinton Gave Up Plane's Bed to Bush

NEW YORK (AP) - On their tour of tsunami damage in Southeast Asia,
former President Bill Clinton once allowed his predecessor, former
President George H.W. Bush, to sleep on the plane's only bed while he
stretched out on the floor.

The government plane in which the presidents toured the disaster area
had one large bedroom and another room with tables and seats, according
to an interview with Bush in this week's Newsweek.

Bush, 80, said Clinton offered ahead of time to give the older former
president the bedroom so he could lie flat and avoid paining his body.
Clinton, 58, decided to play cards in the other room that night.

The next morning, Bush said he peeked in and saw Clinton sound asleep on
the plane's floor.

``We could have switched places, each getting half a night on the bed,
but he deferred to me. That was a very courteous thing, very thoughtful,
and that meant a great deal to me,'' Bush said.

Bush said he and Clinton are not close, but have been compatible on the
tour, partly because Clinton respects his age.

The March 14 issue of Newsweek hits newsstands Monday.
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:55:21 GMT, "Jim," wrote:

[...]

As old as I am, I have watched this particular dynamic with several
Presidents. It's very interesting to watch - they might not like each
other, but the younger Presidents will almost always defer to the
older Presidents in settings where they all need to gather together.

My own opinion is that they share the same bond - President - and know
the trials and tribulations of running the United States. They each
have a great appreciation for those who have gone before.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

JimH

"Jim," wrote in message
[...]

Yep. Clinton and George H. Bush are reportedly now friends.

I am sure both are truly nice persons...it is their political views and
decisions that get in the way on either side of the aisle. :-)

NOYB

"Jim," wrote in message

Clinton, 58, decided to play cards in the other room that night.

Either that...or there was a fat intern on board that caught his eye.

N.L. Eckert

I never voted for Slick Willie, but after 4 years of "W", he's starting
to look pretty good......

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
N.L. Eckert wrote:
I never voted for Slick Willie, but after 4 years of "W", he's starting
to look pretty good......

Whatever President Bill's shortcomings, he is damned smart, well-informed,
and articulate. On the other hand, Dubya keeps his pants zipped. So far as
we know.

Well.....there *is* that dog of his, which walks kinda funny.

Calif Bill

N.L. Eckert wrote:
I never voted for Slick Willie, but after 4 years of "W", he's starting
to look pretty good......

Whatever President Bill's shortcomings, he is damned smart,
well-informed, and articulate. On the other hand, Dubya keeps his pants
zipped. So far as we know.

Neither makes for a great President.

thunder

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:28:41 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

Whatever President Bill's shortcomings, he is damned smart,
well-informed, and articulate. On the other hand, Dubya keeps his pants
zipped. So far as we know.

Neither makes for a great President.

I thought "Slick Willie" was a rather apt name for Clinton, but during his
Presidency, I developed a grudging respect for his competence. What
surprises me, is that some hold such a deep hatred for the man. After
all, his time was relatively uneventful and prosperous. Now, I will admit
to an anti-Bush bias, predominately because of Iraq, but what astounds me,
is that some are calling Bush one of our greatest Presidents. I just
don't understand it.
Doug Kanter

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:28:41 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

Whatever President Bill's shortcomings, he is damned smart,
well-informed, and articulate. On the other hand, Dubya keeps his pants
zipped. So far as we know.

Neither makes for a great President.

I thought "Slick Willie" was a rather apt name for Clinton, but during his
Presidency, I developed a grudging respect for his competence. What
surprises me, is that some hold such a deep hatred for the man. After
all, his time was relatively uneventful and prosperous. Now, I will admit
to an anti-Bush bias, predominately because of Iraq, but what astounds me,
is that some are calling Bush one of our greatest Presidents. I just
don't understand it.

Bush keeps things simple. That's all of it. End of story. Clinton was more
like Mario Cuomo: He dared to use big words and details.

Jim,

Doug Kanter wrote:

"thunder" wrote in message

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:28:41 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

Whatever President Bill's shortcomings, he is damned smart,
well-informed, and articulate. On the other hand, Dubya keeps his pants
zipped. So far as we know.

Neither makes for a great President.

I thought "Slick Willie" was a rather apt name for Clinton, but during his
Presidency, I developed a grudging respect for his competence. What
surprises me, is that some hold such a deep hatred for the man. After
all, his time was relatively uneventful and prosperous. Now, I will admit
to an anti-Bush bias, predominately because of Iraq, but what astounds me,
is that some are calling Bush one of our greatest Presidents. I just
don't understand it.

Bush keeps things simple. That's all of it. End of story. Clinton was more
like Mario Cuomo: He dared to use big words and details.

I'd call Bush a binary thinker -- "you are either with us or against us"