Jim,

Doug Kanter wrote:

"thunder" wrote in message

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:28:41 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

Whatever President Bill's shortcomings, he is damned smart,
well-informed, and articulate. On the other hand, Dubya keeps his pants
zipped. So far as we know.

Neither makes for a great President.

I thought "Slick Willie" was a rather apt name for Clinton, but during his
Presidency, I developed a grudging respect for his competence. What
surprises me, is that some hold such a deep hatred for the man. After
all, his time was relatively uneventful and prosperous. Now, I will admit
to an anti-Bush bias, predominately because of Iraq, but what astounds me,
is that some are calling Bush one of our greatest Presidents. I just
don't understand it.

Bush keeps things simple. That's all of it. End of story. Clinton was more
like Mario Cuomo: He dared to use big words and details.

I'd call Bush a binary thinker -- "you are either with us or against us"