Mike Loran

Default 1993 120 hp Johnson

Hi

I have the opportunity to buy a 1993 120 hp. Johnson on a Bryant boat. Being
somewhat new to the boating marketing, I am looking for some information on
this package. I am looking for a reliable boat, that I can take the kids
skiing, tubing, etc. A reasonably fuel efficient motor would be nice.

If anyone has any comments about this motor, I would greatly appreciate
hearing from them.

Thanks

Mike

Harry Krause

Mike Loran wrote:
Hi

I have the opportunity to buy a 1993 120 hp. Johnson on a Bryant boat. Being
somewhat new to the boating marketing, I am looking for some information on
this package. I am looking for a reliable boat, that I can take the kids
skiing, tubing, etc. A reasonably fuel efficient motor would be nice.

If anyone has any comments about this motor, I would greatly appreciate
hearing from them.

Thanks

Mike

The motor is 10 years old. You need to have it examined by a sharp
mechanic. Bryant makes very decent boats, but, again, the rig is 10
years old and might have been subjected to heavy use or even abuse.

Skiing, especially, puts a lot of strain on an engine, since one usually
slams the throttle to the firewall to get the skier out of the water. I
don't know much about tubing.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Billgran

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Mike Loran wrote:
[...]

Harry is correct. Have a QUALIFIED technician check out the motor
completely, and give it a water test if possible. That would be money well
spent to make sure it is in reasonable shape. Also figure on a complete
servicing including tune-up, decarbonizing, water pump and thermostats, plus
an inspection of the fuel and oil systems paying attention to the condition
of the hoses, fittings, and clamps.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Only Slightly OT Jim General 1 November 19th 03 04:18 AM
johnson, actually mercury Clams Canino General 7 October 15th 03 01:33 AM
convert johnson prop to mercury richg99 General 1 September 22nd 03 12:23 PM
Power lift retrofit for 48 HP Johnson? Rural Knight General 0 August 8th 03 07:30 PM
1993 Four Winns...Used boat question(s)... alincoln General 1 August 8th 03 04:40 PM