Default New to the sport, need clothing advice..

Ok, I got me a used Wave Sport Ace 4.7 to enjoy the sport and have had
a couple of pool sessions. They have been great.

I'm in the mid-west, so it's still really cold and I need some clothing
advice.

I have plenty of clothes and understand how to layer for my beloved
Mtn. Biking, but I'm truly clueless when it comes to what I need to
enjoy this sport without freezing to death.

I probably won't be doing a lot of Winter down river runs, but will
definetly be doing spring through fall runs.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to be heading out to Colorado and Utah
in mid-May, so I really need to get some gear to enjoy the trip. Moab
won't be bad (85-90 degrees), but Colorado will still be quite cold.

Thanks for all the advice!

James Hill

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, I got me a used Wave Sport Ace 4.7 to enjoy the sport and have had
a couple of pool sessions. They have been great.

I'm in the mid-west, so it's still really cold and I need some clothing
advice.

I have plenty of clothes and understand how to layer for my beloved
Mtn. Biking, but I'm truly clueless when it comes to what I need to
enjoy this sport without freezing to death.

I probably won't be doing a lot of Winter down river runs, but will
definetly be doing spring through fall runs.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to be heading out to Colorado and Utah
in mid-May, so I really need to get some gear to enjoy the trip. Moab
won't be bad (85-90 degrees), but Colorado will still be quite cold.

Thanks for all the advice!

DRESS FOR IMMERSION, no matter how proficient you think you are. Even the
best make mistakes, and hypothermia is a MAJOR risk in any water sport. Be
safe!

Grip

Like you said, a couple of poly layers, absolutely NO cotton, a basic wet
suit and dry top, some gloves or pogies, and a helmet liner, and you're good
to go! Get a dry bag too and put an extra layer in it as well as some
emergency hand warmers. Have fun!
Mike
oups.com...