Richard J Kinch

Default Through-the-hub exhaust

I just acquired a new 25 HP Tohatsu outboard for my inflatable boat. There
is a port above water on the stem that spits out water and exhaust. Do I
surmise correctly that "through the hub exhaust" doesn't mean that *all*
the exhaust goes through the hub? What is the purpose of the above-water
exhaust port?
tony thomas

The above water exhaust port is to relieve the exhaust pressure when
ideling.

--
Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
I just acquired a new 25 HP Tohatsu outboard for my inflatable boat. There
is a port above water on the stem that spits out water and exhaust. Do I
surmise correctly that "through the hub exhaust" doesn't mean that *all*
the exhaust goes through the hub? What is the purpose of the above-water
exhaust port?

Harry Krause

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:25:48 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

I just acquired a new 25 HP Tohatsu outboard for my inflatable boat. There
is a port above water on the stem that spits out water and exhaust. Do I
surmise correctly that "through the hub exhaust" doesn't mean that *all*
the exhaust goes through the hub? What is the purpose of the above-water
exhaust port?

I was the lead design engineer for thru-the-hub exhaust systems in the
early '50s. A patent that still returns 6 digit checks every month.
Richard J Kinch

Harry Krause writes:

I was the lead design engineer for thru-the-hub exhaust systems in the
early '50s. A patent that still returns 6 digit checks every month.

Right, a 50-year-old patent. The six digits are, what, $0.00001?
bajaman

Suuuuuuuuurre you were, Krause.....

Good God....this guy RARELY posts ANYTHING but off-topic crap, and then has
the gall to claim HE had some influence in the design of thru-the-hub
exhausts? AND that there is a patent that is paying out "six digits" FIFTY
years later????

Oh God.....I am laughing so hard I about horked up my Wheaties.....lol!
:-)

wrote:

I just acquired a new 25 HP Tohatsu outboard for my inflatable boat.

There
is a port above water on the stem that spits out water and exhaust. Do I
surmise correctly that "through the hub exhaust" doesn't mean that *all*
the exhaust goes through the hub? What is the purpose of the above-water
exhaust port?

I was the lead design engineer for thru-the-hub exhaust systems in the
early '50s. A patent that still returns 6 digit checks every month.

John H

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:31:13 GMT, "bajaman" wrote:

Suuuuuuuuurre you were, Krause.....

Good God....this guy RARELY posts ANYTHING but off-topic crap, and then has
the gall to claim HE had some influence in the design of thru-the-hub
exhausts? AND that there is a patent that is paying out "six digits" FIFTY
years later????

Oh God.....I am laughing so hard I about horked up my Wheaties.....lol!
:-)

.. .
wrote:

I just acquired a new 25 HP Tohatsu outboard for my inflatable boat.

There
is a port above water on the stem that spits out water and exhaust. Do I
surmise correctly that "through the hub exhaust" doesn't mean that *all*
the exhaust goes through the hub? What is the purpose of the above-water
exhaust port?

I was the lead design engineer for thru-the-hub exhaust systems in the
early '50s. A patent that still returns 6 digit checks every month.

Krause has owned at least one of everything, has done everything there is to do
at least once, has been everywhere at least once, and has met, wined, and dined
any personage of significance that you can come up with.

There should be no doubt in your mind that Krause probably invented what he says
and a lot more.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Netsock

"bajaman" wrote in message
k.net...
Suuuuuuuuurre you were, Krause.....

Good God....this guy RARELY posts ANYTHING but off-topic crap, and then

has
the gall to claim HE had some influence in the design of thru-the-hub
exhausts? AND that there is a patent that is paying out "six digits"

FIFTY
years later????

Oh God.....I am laughing so hard I about horked up my Wheaties.....lol!
:-)

Baja, the guy is a liar. It has been proven many many times. His ludicrous
claims of "been there, done that" are just that...ludicrous.

Just kill file the idiot, and be done with him. You will find this is a much
nicer place with him, and his puppets.

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/