Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JimH

Default Record turnout and sales at Seattle Boat Show

How can this be if the economy is in the dumper?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...ord+high&hl=en

Stellar attendance and strong sales combined to set a new high-water mark
for the Seattle Boat Show, which ended its ten-day run at Qwest Field Event
Center on Sunday, January 23.

"Absolutely and unequivocally, this was the best show we've ever had," said
Michael Campbell, president of the Northwest Marine Trade Association,
which produced the event, in conjunction with the Lake Union Boats Afloat
Show. The two venues make up the West Coast's largest boat show.

Even against the backdrop of rainy skies, the Lake Union Boats Afloat Show
enjoyed record attendance. "The quality of buyers was out-

standing," says Molly Holden, executive director of the Northwest Yacht
Brokers Association, which produced the event.

Tanya Lage, Lake Union Boats Afloat Show director, said, "We've heard
nothing but good things from everyone. We've had brokers say it was their
best show in 20 years. Several who hadn't sold boats in the past, were
writing up orders. And some dealers had huge sales."