JimH

"JimH" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message

"RGrew176" wrote in message

Tanya Lage, Lake Union Boats Afloat Show director, said, "We've heard
nothing but good things from everyone. We've had brokers say it was
their
best show in 20 years. Several who hadn't sold boats in the past, were
writing up orders. And some dealers had huge sales."

One reason for boat sales being high is the low interest rates as low
as 5% here in Michigan at the Detroit show.

At our local boat show, one dealer was advertising payments spread over a
184 month period. You need a calculator to figure out how many years
that
is, and the boat wasn't anything special.

15 years for a large boat loan is typical here in the States. But the
point is that one does not take on any sort of loan for an expensive toy
if financial conditions (short term and long term) were not positive for
the buyer, a true indication of a good economy. ;-)

It should have read .....for the buyer, and the fact that they are is a true
indication of a good economy. ;-)