Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JimH

Default MarineMax Reports Record First Quarter Results

How can this be if the economy is in the dumper?

CLEARWATER, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 20, 2005--MarineMax, Inc. (NYSE:
HZO - News), the nation's largest recreational boat retailer, today
announced record revenue and earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2005.
For the quarter ended December 31, 2004, revenue increased 18% to $184.2
million from $156.7 million for the comparable quarter last year. Same-store
sales increased 17% due to a stronger economic climate and the expansion of
brands added over the past 24 months. Net income increased 27% to $2.8
million, or $0.17 per diluted share, from net income of $2.2 million, or
$0.14 per diluted share, for the comparable quarter last year.

William H. McGill, Jr., Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President,
stated, "I am very pleased with our strong start to fiscal 2005, which
exceeded our expectations. We entered the quarter with caution related to
the lingering effects of the four hurricanes that impacted Florida and the
significant 56% same-store sales growth that we were up against in last
year's December quarter. Despite these concerns, our Team delivered a 17%
increase in same-store sales growth. The strongest growth came from Florida
with contributions from most of our markets across the country. Furthermore,
we benefited from the expansion of the Ferretti Group and Meridian products
along with strong performance from Sea Ray."

Reuters Reports Newsweek Poll Results... Harry Krause General 1 October 3rd 04 04:50 PM
( ot ) The Bush Record Exposed Jim General 4 September 20th 04 07:52 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM
OT - Where is the lie? (especially for jcs) jps General 33 July 28th 03 12:56 AM