Dave Manby

Default My summer holidays

I'm heading over to Turkey again this summer in May - Is it going to be
safe for me to head on into Iran as usual or are there going to be
missiles flying around? :-)
--
Dave Manby
Details of the Coruh river and my book "Many Rivers To Run" at

Wilko

Dave Manby wrote:

I'm heading over to Turkey again this summer in May - Is it going to be
safe for me to head on into Iran as usual or are there going to be
missiles flying around? :-)

Unless you tie your boats on really well, some of them might be mistaken
for missiles after you need to slam on the brakes during some drive
along Iranian roads. :-)

If I'm guessing well, the U.S. is in no position to invade yet another
country. Not enough little plastic men, tanks and what more left in the
big sandbox in the White House...

Unless of course they happen to keep dumbo Rumsfeld in charge of
planning invasions, in that case you'd better stay a bit further away
from nuclear power plants, mosques and the Iraq-Iran borders, lest they
might mistake the vehicle you're on for a "legitimate target" or even
worse, as simply collateral damage. :-(

Whatever they decide to do, have fun in Turkey!

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a t)dse(d o t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

Galen Hekhuis

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:19:22 +0100, Wilko wrote:

Dave Manby wrote:

I'm heading over to Turkey again this summer in May - Is it going to be
safe for me to head on into Iran as usual or are there going to be
missiles flying around? :-)

Unless you tie your boats on really well, some of them might be mistaken
for missiles after you need to slam on the brakes during some drive
along Iranian roads. :-)

Absolutely not. From what I hear, the CIA is in charge, and given the
technology available and their expertise, there is no way they could
possibly mistake boats for, say, weapons of mass destruction. Remember, we
deal in facts, not just assumptions.

If I'm guessing well, the U.S. is in no position to invade yet another
country. Not enough little plastic men, tanks and what more left in the
big sandbox in the White House...

We are the USA. We can invade whoever we want whenever we want, regardless
of how many troops are left. How many other countries can you name that
have a World Series entirely composed of teams from that country?
(Granted, we let some Canadians in a while back, but still.) Remember, the
Intelligent Designer is on *our* side. The guy running the show says so.

Unless of course they happen to keep dumbo Rumsfeld in charge of
planning invasions, in that case you'd better stay a bit further away
from nuclear power plants, mosques and the Iraq-Iran borders, lest they
might mistake the vehicle you're on for a "legitimate target" or even
worse, as simply collateral damage. :-(

No problem. Our new bombs are 37% smarter than the ones used in Iraq just
a short time ago. They are so smart now, they can seek out terrorists or
terrorist equipment and then explode. As a matter of fact, the bombs are
so good now they can even perform feats of near magic. Say one was to go
off, killing you. In the old days that might have been called a mistake.
But now days these bombs are so good that they can instantly turn you into
a full-blown terrorist, making bombing you a necessity. Then again, there
were those WMD strapped to the roof of your car...

Whatever they decide to do, have fun in Turkey!

Really. Don't worry, be happy.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Illiterate? Write for FREE help

A summer day in the islands [email protected] General 7 February 12th 05 03:21 PM
Summer cruising QLW General 2 January 27th 04 08:13 PM
Summer Cruises QLW Cruising 2 January 14th 04 07:16 PM
PR: Rocky Mountain Canoe Club Summer Rendezvous - Colorado Dave Allured General 0 July 23rd 03 11:56 PM
PR: Rocky Mountain Canoe Club Summer Rendezvous - Colorado Dave Allured Touring 0 July 23rd 03 11:56 PM