basskisser

John H wrote:

I thought you were a "Dick and Jane" fan.

John H

If that is what you "thought", then you MUST be on the bottle again.
Please show where I've ever said I was a '"Dick and Jane" fan'.

Tinkerntom

basskisser wrote:
John H wrote:

I thought you were a "Dick and Jane" fan.

John H

If that is what you "thought", then you MUST be on the bottle again.
Please show where I've ever said I was a '"Dick and Jane" fan'.

Leaving aside, the Dick and Jane biz, and other distractions, and you
being the OP of this thread. I was wondering if this represented a
subject that is personally of interest to you? Or were you just wanting
to stimulate the group reflex response.

The Moyer article has some salient points and some real low points. The
basis of his presentation is a single statement attributed to Watt. Not
very good for a seasoned journalist, reminds me of Rather.

On the other, some of what he says about the Christians has stimulated
a lot of discussion, even among the boating groups. For some that
discussion is really stretching their mental capability, but the
exercise is good. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, or watch float
away after a capsize. TnT

basskisser

Tinkerntom wrote:
basskisser wrote:
John H wrote:

I thought you were a "Dick and Jane" fan.

John H

If that is what you "thought", then you MUST be on the bottle

again.
Please show where I've ever said I was a '"Dick and Jane" fan'.

Leaving aside, the Dick and Jane biz, and other distractions, and you
being the OP of this thread. I was wondering if this represented a
subject that is personally of interest to you? Or were you just

wanting
to stimulate the group reflex response.

Yes, it is of personal interest to me. I've always wondered how
supposedly intelligent people could believe that Christian blather.

The Moyer article has some salient points and some real low points.

The
basis of his presentation is a single statement attributed to Watt.

Not
very good for a seasoned journalist, reminds me of Rather.

On the other, some of what he says about the Christians has

stimulated
a lot of discussion, even among the boating groups. For some that
discussion is really stretching their mental capability, but the
exercise is good. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, or watch float
away after a capsize. TnT

John H

On 11 Feb 2005 09:59:39 -0800, "basskisser" wrote:

Tinkerntom wrote:
basskisser wrote:
John H wrote:

I thought you were a "Dick and Jane" fan.

John H

If that is what you "thought", then you MUST be on the bottle

again.
Please show where I've ever said I was a '"Dick and Jane" fan'.

Leaving aside, the Dick and Jane biz, and other distractions, and you
being the OP of this thread. I was wondering if this represented a
subject that is personally of interest to you? Or were you just

wanting
to stimulate the group reflex response.

Yes, it is of personal interest to me. I've always wondered how
supposedly intelligent people could believe that Christian blather.

This will make you feel better and more fulfilled:

A man was being tailgated by a stressed-out woman on a busy boulevard. Suddenly,
the light turned yellow, just in front of him. He did the right thing, stopping
at the crosswalk even though he could have beaten the red light by accelerating
through the intersection. The tailgating woman hit the roof and the horn,
screaming in frustration as she missed her chance to get through the
intersection with him.

While she was still in mid-rant, she heard a tap on her window and looked up
into the face of a very serious police officer The officer ordered her to exit
her car with her hands up. He took her to the police station where she was
searched, fingerprinted, photographed, and placed in a cell. After a couple of
hours, a policeman approached the cell and opened the door. She was escorted
back to the booking desk where the arresting officer was waiting with her
personal effects.

He said, "I'm very sorry for this mistake. You see, I pulled up behind your car
while you were blowing your horn, flipping the guy off in front of you, and
cussing a blue streak at him. I noticed the 'Choose Life' license plate holder,
the 'What Would Jesus Do' bumper sticker, the 'Follow Me to Sunday School'
bumper sticker, and the chrome-plated Christian fish emblem on the trunk.
Naturally, I assumed you had stolen the car."

Now see, don't you feel righteous and verified and all that?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
John H

On 11 Feb 2005 04:51:25 -0800, "basskisser" wrote:

John H wrote:

I thought you were a "Dick and Jane" fan.

John H

If that is what you "thought", then you MUST be on the bottle again.
Please show where I've ever said I was a '"Dick and Jane" fan'.

You said, "...I was a "Dick and Jane" fan'.

I didn't know what the apostrophe after the ...fan... was for. But, you said it!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

P.Fritz

John H wrote:

I thought you were a "Dick and Jane" fan.

John H

If that is what you "thought", then you MUST be on the bottle again.
Please show where I've ever said I was a '"Dick and Jane" fan'.

You said, "...I was a "Dick and Jane" fan'.

I didn't know what the apostrophe after the ...fan... was for. But, you
said it!

Looks like asslicker has gotten into the cash crops again.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to
resolve it."
Rene Descartes

basskisser

wrote:

John H wrote:

I thought you were a "Dick and Jane" fan.

John H

If that is what you "thought", then you MUST be on the bottle again.
Please show where I've ever said I was a '"Dick and Jane" fan'.

You said, "...I was a "Dick and Jane" fan'.

I didn't know what the apostrophe after the ...fan... was for. But,

you said it!

John H

Are you drinking again? I NEVER said that. You are either dead wrong,
or a liar. Here is what I said, in response to JimH asking when I
started reading:
Jeez, I don't exactly know that, Jim. I think I began
reading short words, from the Dick and Jane books...
Now, WHERE did I say that I was a "Dick and Jane fan"????