Mudfish\(Co30\)

Add these knobs to your killfile, it will clear
out at least 75% of the crap and you won't miss
any real boat related information.

Where the "from line" contains
'basskisser' or 'Wayne.B' or 'NYOB' or 'Gactimus' or 'forge'
or 'David Fritzinger' or 'krause' or 'Krause' or 'Gordon' or 'JohnH'
or 'Jim...' or 'Gould0738' or 'Bert Robbins' or 'jps' or 'jim---' or 'jim--'
or 'Don White' or 'Netsock' or 'Bilgeman' or 'JAXAshby' or 'Jay Santos' or
' or 'K. Smith' or 'JimH' or 'John Jones' or
'Dave Hall' or 'Doug Kanter'

Best of luck:

Mudfish

"Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, my name is Ed and im new to this group. I was wondering if there is
any way to block some of the posts in here. Im tired of reading about
the fighting that seems to be going on in this group and would just
rather block those individuals then reading the flaming that goes on. I
join this list in order to learn about boating and have enjoyed many of
the posts that are on that subject. I will appologize ahead of time if
I have offended anyone.

Thanks
Ed

Netsock

"Ian Malcolm" wrote in message
We've had our feuds before, (mostly due to killfiles :-) ) but didn't
you spot he's an AOLer on Google Groups so cant killfile :-(

No...I didnt spot that.

If you care to talk him through getting and setting up a newsreader
please dont post your killfile :-). OTOH if you tell him to KF HIS
CHOICE of the posters genereting the most gas without an engine to put
it in I'll be clapping at my keyboard when I read it.
www.individual.net is a good place to start.

If I could figure out how to post my kill file, I would. Its a perfect start
for someone new. And why would you care if I post it anyway?

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

Ian Malcolm

Netsock wrote:
"Ian Malcolm" wrote in message
If you care to talk him through getting and setting up a newsreader
please dont post your killfile :-). OTOH if you tell him to KF HIS
CHOICE of the posters genereting the most gas without an engine to put
it in I'll be clapping at my keyboard when I read it.
www.individual.net is a good place to start.

If I could figure out how to post my kill file, I would. Its a perfect start
for someone new. And why would you care if I post it anyway?

Everyone can agree on KFing Xposting trolls who set followups to a
totally unrelated group they are trying to OT flood, but this group has
a unique problem, knowledgeable boat using individuals who seem unable
to resist political OT and trolling. I am not saying they troll full
time, they are not commercial fishermen but sports fishermen if you
like, but they do troll. Whether or not you find them tolerable depends
on the balance between their OT posts and their on topic content,
whether they have the common courtesy to mark their OT as such, whether
you like their writing style and general outlook on life and whether or
not you share other common interests such as ethnicity, type of boating,
location, profession etc.

Now much of that choice is personal. I value the words of people that
my neighbor will not hear speak. This is life in a society that still
permits some individual freedom. To promulgate a group kill file with
specific individuals in it is the whiskers on the nose of the camel of
censorship lifting the tent flap. I resent you doing so and believe it
damages both our freedom of speech AND our freedom not to listen.

If you want to provide a public service by teaching newbies to filter so
increasing the on topic participants of this group, you will receive
my admiration and respect. If you wish to regularly provide fair
statistics of the percentages of on topic, off topic and malicious
trolling for lets say our ten most prolific posters, so that people can
easily decide who goes in their own kill file, you, in my opinion, would
be providing a praiseworthy public service.

To 'Plonk' someone once may be justified, but to repeatedly 'plonk' the
same individual is feeble minded, vindictive and hypocritical and to
publically post your killfile (in effect a mass plonk) is the Usenet
equivalent of masturbating in the locker room.
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL:
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Early 60's, Uffa Fox designed,
All varnished hot moulded wooden racing dinghy.
FredO

Ed,
The fighting has been going on ad infinitum for many years!
You either kill file them or just learn which ones to read and which ones to not even expand the thread on.
Fredo

"Ed" wrote in message oups.com...
Hi, my name is Ed and im new to this group. I was wondering if there is
any way to block some of the posts in here. Im tired of reading about
the fighting that seems to be going on in this group and would just
rather block those individuals then reading the flaming that goes on. I
join this list in order to learn about boating and have enjoyed many of
the posts that are on that subject. I will appologize ahead of time if
I have offended anyone.

Thanks
Ed

Capt. Matt

Don't worry, current administration is having anything controversial removed
from planet earth...

"Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, my name is Ed and im new to this group. I was wondering if there is
any way to block some of the posts in here. Im tired of reading about
the fighting that seems to be going on in this group and would just
rather block those individuals then reading the flaming that goes on. I
join this list in order to learn about boating and have enjoyed many of
the posts that are on that subject. I will appologize ahead of time if
I have offended anyone.

Thanks
Ed

Notorious Leftwing Rag Publishes Article about Kerry jps General 2 August 7th 04 07:17 AM
This Group extreme_turbulance Power Boat Racing 7 January 26th 04 05:02 PM
Carolina Skiff owners group RG General 0 December 17th 03 12:47 PM
New DownEast and Express Cruisers Group BostonScubaDiver General 0 November 23rd 03 05:28 PM
What a Great Day! Capt.American ASA 16 July 24th 03 11:54 PM