JGK

Default Merc 125 Carb leaking gas

I have a 1999 125 Merc outboard, today when I was checking the boat out
before i took it out, I noticed that the bottom carb was leaking gas at a
pretty good rate. The gas seemed to be coming out of the little brass vent
pipe
in the mouth of the carb. The engine ran fine, but the amount of gas
dripping down from the carb prevented me from taking the boat out. Any
suggestion as to what might cause this? Im thinking a sticking float. I
havent started the boat for a month but the last time I did it was fine.
Just curious is there a fuel injection conversion available for this
engine?
Thanks

JGK

"tony thomas" wrote in message
No fuel injection conversion.
You have a stuck float. You can probably just tap the bowl on the carb a
couple of times and solve the problem. Otherwise you will have to remove
and clean the needle/seat.
Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

Thanks Tony I appreciate the feedback.

Harry Krause

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:51:21 -0500, "JGK"
wrote:

I have a 1999 125 Merc outboard, today when I was checking the boat out
before i took it out, I noticed that the bottom carb was leaking gas at a
pretty good rate. The gas seemed to be coming out of the little brass vent
pipe
in the mouth of the carb. The engine ran fine, but the amount of gas
dripping down from the carb prevented me from taking the boat out. Any
suggestion as to what might cause this? Im thinking a sticking float. I
havent started the boat for a month but the last time I did it was fine.
Just curious is there a fuel injection conversion available for this
engine?
Thanks

What are you doing posting a boating related thread here?

This group belongs to me, as my political soapbox.

Now shoo.