dp

Default 91 Force, center carb of 3 squirts gas

Hi. I am working on a 91 Force motor, it's a 90 HP, 3 cyl, 2 cycle. We
started the motor, and it ran for a couple of seconds, maybe 5. Then, it
seemed to die. We noticed that gas was shooting out of the center carb in
what seem to be unused ports. A friend suggested that the reeds might be
messed up, and creating a blow instead of a suck, thus causing gas to come
spirting back out. We turned the motor over, and it had good suction on
that carb, so it's not blowing. When we cranked the engine again, and we
observed gas came out the unused ports, and then it started just POURING gas
out of the carb intake. We stopped cranking it.

Is this a simple carb kit? A blown seal, or a needle valve gone awry? We
know the engine had sat for several months before we tried to crank it up.
Could the gas have somehow gummed up the float in the carb, thus telling the
carb "GO GO GO!"?

Any help would be appreciated, it's nice and warm and we wanna get this baby
in the water and do some skiing!

Thanks!

-BrianDP

D0N ßâiley

"dp" wrote in message
[...]

Check your float and the rubber stop valve it's connected to.
Sounds like it's not shutting off the fuel supply once the bowl
is full.

db

Tuuk

It is possible that you didn't use any fuel stabilizer and the fuel in the
carb turned to varnish or gum and is clogging some jets or ports. Try
flushing with good mixture of carb cleaner or something that will break down
the possible deposits of bad gas you may have forgot to evacuate from the
system before storage.