Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Funny boat show story

I didn't see this happen myself, but I was out on a boat test today and
the broker related the following event from the recent Boat Show.

"One of the boats near us in the show had been sold to a private owner
late last fall, with an understanding that the dealer could borrow it
back for display at the boat show. This isn't all that unusual,
especially when a model is scarce. The owners used the boat for a
couple of weekend cruises, and then turned it back in to the dealer to
be detailed and prepped for the show.

There was one small problem. The owners had used the holding tank, but
not bothered to empty it. They must have assumed the dealer would take
care of that before the boat went on display- but the dealer did not.

During the course of the show, a couple with two rambunctious kids were
inspecting the boat and when the dealer wasn't looking the kids started
flipping switches at the helm. I guess I don't need to tell you what
happened when they got to the switch for the macerator.....it pumped
one hell of a stinky mess into the aisle!"

Somebody should have whacked that boat with a newspaper, and put it
outside. :-) (kids too!)