starlady

Default Boat Manufacturers

I am trying to find someone to answer my question about Boat
Manufacturers. Cars are produced by GM, Chrysler, etc. Who
manufacuters the boats and which boat names such as Carver, Four Winns,
Regal etc. belong to them?

trainfan1

starlady wrote:

I am trying to find someone to answer my question about Boat
Manufacturers. Cars are produced by GM, Chrysler, etc. Who
manufacuters the boats and which boat names such as Carver, Four Winns,
Regal etc. belong to them?

Do you mean boat mfg groups, like Brunswick, Genmar?

Genmar would be akin to General Motors. They own AquaSport, Carver,
Champion, Four Winns, Glastron, Hydra-Sports, Larson, Marquis, Nuvari
(by Carver), Ranger, Seaswirl, Stratos, Triumph, Wellcraft, & Windsor Craft.

Yamaha, for example, builds Cobia, G3, Century, & Skeeter.

Most manufacturers are independents.

Rob
Senior Wrangler

"starlady" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to find someone to answer my question about Boat
Manufacturers. Cars are produced by GM, Chrysler, etc. Who
manufacuters the boats and which boat names such as Carver, Four Winns,
Regal etc. belong to them?

http://www.brunswick.com/index.html

http://www.genmar.com/

Most of the name brand boats are family or privately owned
business.

For the moment anyway.

Later,

Tom

houseboats sel1 General 10 September 24th 04 03:19 PM
Bought a Reinel 26' FamilySailor ASA 290 August 11th 04 02:29 PM