Simon Hawkins

Default Advice Needed for first boat

Hi, I am looking to buy a Canadian (Open) Canoe that will mainly be used
solo on a fairly flat river. I was hoping for any advice that you
could give me. As I will usually be portaging the boat by myself it will
need to be very light. I am looking to spend about £700 top whack for a
boat. The trickiest bit is that I would like it to be fairly fast as I
often go out on the water with kayakers.
Any help would be appreciated.

Simon
Harry

"Simon Hawkins "simon.hawkins2DELETETHIS"@" "DELETETHIS schreef in
bericht ...
Hi, I am looking to buy a Canadian (Open) Canoe that will mainly be used
solo on a fairly flat river. I was hoping for any advice that you could
give me. As I will usually be portaging the boat by myself it will need to
be very light. I am looking to spend about £700 top whack for a boat. The
trickiest bit is that I would like it to be fairly fast as I often go out
on the water with kayakers.
Any help would be appreciated.

Simon

Hi Simon,

First of all, you won't be able to keep the same speed as a kayaker. All
canadian canoes are (a bit) slower.
If you want a fast canoe, a WeNoNah Voyager or Prism (both solo) could be a
good option.
But before you buy, try as many boats as possible and when it feels good you
have the right one!
Enjoy your search.

Harry

Nidge

Harry wrote in message
l...
[...]

If you want to keep up with Kayaks you'll at least need a long Canadian.
(And even then, like Harry says, it won't be easy). Long would make it too
heavy to carry unless you got a Coleman RAM-X type. The good news is you've
sporting chance of finding one comparatively cheaply as they aren't all that
popular.

Nidge