Bill Cole

Default The Bush Economy Stinks...and Sinks

I think you have been kissing way to many fish, you need to get a grip on
your life.

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message news:C5TSa.47301
Licensed as an Engineer?

Not required nor available for Communications Engineering in FL or GA.
RCDD is the industry standard for communications engineering. 90% plus

large
industry/government contracts require an RCDD stamped approval for all
communications design plans, and an RCDD onsite during installation for
QA/QC and PM.

But, since your an engineer yourself, you already knew that.
Didn't you?

Pure horse****, there Blow. If you practice engineering in the state
of GA, even use the word ENGINEER in your business name, reference to
yourself, etc., you MUST be licensed as a professional engineer.
Florida is very similar:

Professional Engineer - An individual who practices engineering in
Georgia, unless specifically exempted under the provisions of O.C.G.A.
43-15-29, must be licensed by the Board. As such, a registrant may
legally represent himself/herself to the public as an engineer, offer
consulting engineering services to private and public entities and
perform engineering design or construction on public works. A licensed
Professional Engineer must also adhere to the rules of professional
conduct established by the Board.

43-15-29. Exceptions to operation of chapter.
(a) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as excluding a
qualified architect registered in this state from such engineering
practice as may be incident to the practice of his profession or as
excluding a professional engineer from such architectural practice as
may be incident to the practice of professional engineering.
(b) The following persons shall be exempt from this chapter:
(1) A person working as an employee or a subordinate of a person
holding a certificate of registration under this chapter or an
employee of a person practicing lawfully under Code Section 43-15-21,
provided such work does not include final design decisions and is done
under the supervision of, and responsibility therefor is assumed by, a
person holding a certificate of registration under this chapter or a
person practicing lawfully under Code Section 43-15-21;
(2) Officers and employees of the government of the United States
while engaged within this state in the practice of professional
engineering or land surveying for such government;
(3) All elective officers of the political subdivision of the state
while in the practice of professional engineering or land surveying in
the performance of their official duties; and
(4) Officers and employees of the Department of Transportation, except
as required by Title 46, while engaged within this state in the
practice of professional engineering or land surveying for such
department.
(c) This chapter shall not be construed as requiring registration for
the purpose of practicing professional engineering or land surveying
by an individual, firm, or corporation on property owned or leased by
such individual, firm, or corporation unless the same involves the
public safety or public health or for the performance of engineering
which relates solely to the design or fabrication of manufactured
products.
(d) This chapter shall not be construed to prevent or affect the
practice of professional engineering and land surveying with respect
to utility facilities by any public utility subject to regulation by
the Public Service Commission, the Federal Communications Commission,
the Federal Power Commission, or like regulatory agencies, including
its parents, affiliates, or subsidiaries; or by the officers and
full-time permanent employees of any such public utility, including
its parents, affiliates, or subsidiaries, except where such practice
involves property lines of adjoining property owners, provided that
this exception does not extend to any professional engineer or land
surveyor engaged in the practice of professional engineering or land
surveying whose compensation is based in whole or in part on a fee or
to any engineering services performed by the above-referenced utility
companies not directly connected with work on their facilities.
(e) This chapter shall not be construed to affect the lawful practice
of a person acting within the scope of a license granted by the state
under any other law.

[Top | Laws and Rules]

43-15-30. Unlawful acts.
(a) Any person who violates Code Section 43-15-7 shall be guilty of a
misdemeanor.
(b) Any person presenting or attempting to use as his own the
certificate of registration or the seal of another obtained under this
chapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
(c) Any person who gives any false or forged evidence of any kind to
the board or to any member thereof in obtaining a certificate or
certificate of registration shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
(d) Any person who falsely impersonates any other registrant or any
person who attempts to use an expired or revoked certificate of
registration shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
(e) Each day or occurrence shall be considered a separate offense.
(f) Any person offering services to the public who uses by name,
verbal claim, sign, advertisement, directory listing, or letterhead
the words "Engineer," "Engineers," "Professional Engineering,"
"Engineering," or "Engineered" shall be guilty of a misdemeanor unless
said person has complied with the provisions of this chapter.

Joe

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message news:C5TSa.47301
Licensed as an Engineer?

Not required nor available for Communications Engineering in FL or GA.
RCDD is the industry standard for communications engineering. 90% plus

large
industry/government contracts require an RCDD stamped approval for all
communications design plans, and an RCDD onsite during installation for
QA/QC and PM.

But, since your an engineer yourself, you already knew that.
Didn't you?

Pure horse****, there Blow. If you practice engineering in the state
of GA, even use the word ENGINEER in your business name, reference to
yourself, etc., you MUST be licensed as a professional engineer.
Florida is very similar:

Here's a link to a wanted add from a company trying to hire me right now as
an "Systems Project Engineer"
http://bicsi.com/Resources/JobBoard/ListingDetails.aspx?JobID=1183

Notice it says "You will have direct leadership of the engineering design
and production" and "RCDD or PE preferred" but nowhere does it say required.

Better hurry and call the police.

Joe

"Q" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:13:10 -0500, Q
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:41:45 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

Then why are you using Microsnort Outlook Express. That piece of crap
is riddled with security holes!!!

Renifleur d'âne

Shpx bss, qvpxjnq.

Hey engiener, no witty reply?

Renifleur d'âne

JohnH

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:33:43 GMT, "Bill Cole" wrote:

John,
I think what jps was trying to tell you is that any good mechanic would not
work on an American car. A good mechanic would chose to work on a German
Car. Why can't you understand the obvious.

Bill
"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:36:19 -0700, "jps" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:45:48 -0700, "jps" wrote:

As for mechanics, most of them are parts replacers.

Automobile repair used to be much more of a craft.

What makes a mechanic good is her/his ability to diagnose the problem

and
efficiently repair it.

Read the statements above. The first says "most," that doesn't mean all.

know it's hard for you conservatives to see anything other than black and
white.

The second says "used to be" which indicates past tense.

Once you and Bill learn reading comprehension, you're welcome to come

back
and argue my points.

Wow, a little touchy today, huh? When you were a mechanic you were as much

part replacer as any of the 'most' mechanics to which you refer. The fact

the
you replaced parts on German cars, after looking up the part number, makes

you
no more proficient than 'most' mechanics.

Diagnosis and efficiency are the keys to a good mechanic, whether it be on
European or American cars. Neither have a thing to do with part numbers,

which
have been around as long as you have been working on automobiles.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

Oh hell! I screwed up again.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Harry Krause

Bill Cole wrote:
JPS,
Harry explained to us that the problem with US manufacturing has nothing to
do with labor unions, it is that management is poor. Is Harry one of the
people that I should listen to in the NG or is he one of the radical
conservatives?

Bill

Dropped on your head too many times, fella?

Whatever problems a business has, they are a creation of management. Is
that too simple for you to understand?

Poor quality on the assembly line? Then you haven't trained or motivated
your workforce properly. Costs of manufacturing too high? Then you
haven't invested enough in plant modernization, training or even
cross-training. Workforce has a bad attitude? Then you have worse managers.

Virtually everything adverse that takes place at work is the creation of
management, either because it handle its job badly or not at all.

Sometimes I lecture on trade unionization and am asked by members of the
audience, "Well, what kind of unions will we have if we are unionized?"

My answer always is the same:

"Precisely the kinds of unions you deserve."

Recently, I rented an almost new Pontiac from AVIS. The car was
assembled properly, but from a design and engineering perspective, it
was third rate. Was that the fault of the unionized workforce. Hardly.
The car was the product of GM management.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news
Bill Cole wrote:
[...]

Since pay should be commensurate with the level of responsibility you have,
then by your argument, management deserves the money they get...and the line
workers with "no responsibility" should get paid very little.

Sometimes I lecture on trade unionization and am asked by members of the
audience, "Well, what kind of unions will we have if we are unionized?"

My answer always is the same:

"Precisely the kinds of unions you deserve."

Recently, I rented an almost new Pontiac from AVIS. The car was
assembled properly, but from a design and engineering perspective, it
was third rate. Was that the fault of the unionized workforce. Hardly.
The car was the product of GM management.

The car was the product of GM management being squeezed by such high labor
rates, that they have to cut corners in order to put together a piece of
hardware at a competitive price.

Bill Cole

Harry,
I agree with you, the problem with American Corporations is poor managers,
we need to either move overseas and use foreign managers or import us some
of those good managers.

Obviously, if all problems are the result of managers, we need to get rid of
the son of bitches.

Bill Cole wrote:
[...]

Harry Krause

Bill Cole wrote:
Harry,
I agree with you, the problem with American Corporations is poor managers,
we need to either move overseas and use foreign managers or import us some
of those good managers.

Obviously, if all problems are the result of managers, we need to get rid of
the son of bitches.

You seem simple-minded enough to be a right-wing Bush supporter...

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message . ..
[...]

Do you dispute that, in the state of Georgia, that if you practice
engineering, and or reference to engineering is in your name, that by
law, you must be licensed as a Professional Engineer? Do you further
dispute that, in order to become a licensed engineer in the state of
Georgia, that you must complete four years of Engineer in Training,
under a LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER, to even be allowed to sit for
the exam?

In short, I give you verbage directly from the State of Georgia
website, you give me a flippin' WANT AD!!!!
Now, I ask, are you or are you not a Licensed Professional Engineer?
Yes or no.
Bill Cole

Wrong, I am not a Bush supporter, but you position is so ridiculous it is
amazing that anyone with such a low IQ could figure out how to turn on a
computer.

Do you use your local library to access rec.boats? I understand the
librarians are very helpful.

Bill