BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT package arrived (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/26867-ot-package-arrived.html)

NOYB January 14th 05 01:34 PM

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Dave Hall wrote:

So what's your point? That there's corruption in every corner of
commerce?

Dave

Indeed, there is, but never on a scale as large as when conservative
Republicans are involved.

Yeah, as prosecutors. It takes a person with high moral values to put away
the cheating scumbag liberals.

NOYB January 14th 05 01:45 PM

Dave Hall wrote:

So what's your point? That there's corruption in every corner of
commerce?

Dave

Indeed, there is, but never on a scale as large as when conservative
Republicans are involved.

Yeah, as prosecutors. It takes a person with high moral values to put
away the cheating scumbag liberals.

Prosecutors? High morals? Are you kidding?

HAve you ever served on a grand jury?

Prosecutors will say or do anything to get indictments, and when they
falsely accuse and get a false conviction, it is virtually impossible to
get them to cooperate in a reversal.

Sheesh. Everybody knows that prosecutors are usually conservatives and
defense attorneys are usually liberals.

Dave Hall January 14th 05 06:02 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:31:29 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:

So what's your point? That there's corruption in every corner of
commerce?

Dave

Indeed, there is, but never on a scale as large as when conservative
Republicans are involved.

Oh brother. You really are a biased partisan hack.

Dave

Dave Hall January 14th 05 06:04 PM

Dave Hall wrote:

So what's your point? That there's corruption in every corner of
commerce?

Dave

Indeed, there is, but never on a scale as large as when conservative
Republicans are involved.

Yeah, as prosecutors. It takes a person with high moral values to put
away the cheating scumbag liberals.

Prosecutors? High morals? Are you kidding?

HAve you ever served on a grand jury?

Prosecutors will say or do anything to get indictments, and when they
falsely accuse and get a false conviction, it is virtually impossible to
get them to cooperate in a reversal.

Sheesh. Everybody knows that prosecutors are usually conservatives and
defense attorneys are usually liberals.

Well, that explains why prosecutors are lying scum, eh?

Who says they are? Where's the proof?

I guess you would rather there were more criminals roaming the
streets?

Dave

NOYB January 14th 05 06:47 PM

Dave Hall wrote:

So what's your point? That there's corruption in every corner of
commerce?

Dave

Indeed, there is, but never on a scale as large as when conservative
Republicans are involved.

Yeah, as prosecutors. It takes a person with high moral values to put
away the cheating scumbag liberals.

Prosecutors? High morals? Are you kidding?

HAve you ever served on a grand jury?

Prosecutors will say or do anything to get indictments, and when they
falsely accuse and get a false conviction, it is virtually impossible to
get them to cooperate in a reversal.

Sheesh. Everybody knows that prosecutors are usually conservatives and
defense attorneys are usually liberals.

Well, that explains why prosecutors are lying scum, eh?

Not when compared to defense attorneys. Take a poll of 100 people, and 80
of them will tell you that prosecutors have higher ethical standards than
defense attorneys. The other 20 are either criminals or defense attorneys.

thunder January 14th 05 08:36 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:57:44 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'd prefer that prosecutors uphold the letter and the spirit of the law,
and not twist and bend them when it suits their purpose.

I think *most* prosecutors do uphold the letter of the law.
Unfortunately, though, more than a few don't. I've thought that if some
innocent bozo spends time in jail because of prosecutor malfeasance, if
caught, the prosecutor should spend at least an equal time in the can.
Railroading an innocent, for what is generally no more than political
ambition, is in my mind a high crime.

Bert Robbins January 14th 05 11:15 PM

Dave Hall wrote:

[...]

Results of your poll would not indicate anything more than results of your
poll.

Nice come back Harry!

Dave Hall January 17th 05 12:05 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:36:08 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:57:44 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'd prefer that prosecutors uphold the letter and the spirit of the law,
and not twist and bend them when it suits their purpose.

I think *most* prosecutors do uphold the letter of the law.
Unfortunately, though, more than a few don't. I've thought that if some
innocent bozo spends time in jail because of prosecutor malfeasance, if
caught, the prosecutor should spend at least an equal time in the can.
Railroading an innocent, for what is generally no more than political
ambition, is in my mind a high crime.

I would generally agree, but I would also add that leveraging the law
to allow an otherwise guilty person to walk free on a "technicality"
is equally deplorable.

Evidence, is evidence, no matter how it's obtained. If it's pertinent,
then it should be allowed regardless of whether the cop found it in a
place he wasn't supposed to be looking......

Dave

Dave Hall January 17th 05 12:06 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:52:16 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

thunder wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:57:44 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'd prefer that prosecutors uphold the letter and the spirit of the law,
and not twist and bend them when it suits their purpose.

I think *most* prosecutors do uphold the letter of the law.
Unfortunately, though, more than a few don't. I've thought that if some
innocent bozo spends time in jail because of prosecutor malfeasance, if
caught, the prosecutor should spend at least an equal time in the can.
Railroading an innocent, for what is generally no more than political
ambition, is in my mind a high crime.

Well, it happens all the time.

No, it doesn't happen *all* the time. It happens far less that you'd
probably believe.

Dave

Dave Hall January 17th 05 05:42 PM

wrote:

thunder wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:57:44 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'd prefer that prosecutors uphold the letter and the spirit of the law,
and not twist and bend them when it suits their purpose.

I think *most* prosecutors do uphold the letter of the law.
Unfortunately, though, more than a few don't. I've thought that if some
innocent bozo spends time in jail because of prosecutor malfeasance, if
caught, the prosecutor should spend at least an equal time in the can.
Railroading an innocent, for what is generally no more than political
ambition, is in my mind a high crime.

Well, it happens all the time.

No, it doesn't happen *all* the time. It happens far less that you'd
probably believe.

Dave

Prove it.

Ah, the old "argumentum ad ignorantium". You are asking me to prove a
negative? Sorry sonny boy, but the burden of proof is on you to
provide those cases where prosecutors are corrupt "all the time".

You made the claim, so YOU have to prove it.

Dave