mike92105

Default Alarm systems

I'm considering leaving my electronics on my trailered boat, I have it
parked about 2 minutes from my house.Does anybody out there recommend using
an alarm?

Doug Kanter

"mike92105" wrote in message
I'm considering leaving my electronics on my trailered boat, I have it
parked about 2 minutes from my house.Does anybody out there recommend

using
an alarm?

Don't take this the wrong way, but that's the stupidest idea imaginable. You
may as well place the electronics on the gunwale in zip lock bags with the
instruction manuals, with a big sign saying "take me".

Don White

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Don't take this the wrong way, but that's the stupidest idea imaginable.

You
may as well place the electronics on the gunwale in zip lock bags with the
instruction manuals, with a big sign saying "take me".

Yes, very preferable. The damage to your boat would be much less if you gift
wrapped the electronics for the thieves...rather than make them work for it.
;-)

Doug Kanter

Maybe not. Consider what we know about 53% of the country since early
November.

"L.B.R." wrote in message
This is an abvious troll...Looks like a few guys fell for it.

"mike92105" wrote in message
I'm considering leaving my electronics on my trailered boat, I have it
parked about 2 minutes from my house.Does anybody out there recommend

using
an alarm?

Eisboch

"mike92105" wrote in message
I'm considering leaving my electronics on my trailered boat, I have it
parked about 2 minutes from my house.Does anybody out there recommend

using
an alarm?

I don't think an alarm will do you much good, other than a signal that you
just got ripped off.

One suggestion though .... for those with a chart plotter... take out your
chip. These things are easy to steal and there's a big market for them. I
know. I've had to buy new ones twice.

Eisboch

mike92105

Yes, I suppose you are correct. I've had my boat where it's at for 8 years
and have never had a break in, but I suppose I should not push my luck.. I
did look at West Marine's catalog after posting and noticed a proximity
alarm for around $50, but I doubt I would hear it 200+ yds away.
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
mike92105 wrote:
I'm considering leaving my electronics on my trailered boat, I have it
parked about 2 minutes from my house.Does anybody out there recommend
using an alarm?

I recommend you remove your electronics from your trailered boat parked
two minutes from your house.

"Low Oil Alarm" JasonW General 2 May 16th 04 04:32 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
Fishfinder??? Bobsprit ASA 31 January 26th 04 09:06 PM
GPS Anchor Drag Alarm Ideas? Len Krauss Electronics 17 January 12th 04 05:45 PM
Mercruiser V6 Alarm.... Greg General 4 November 10th 03 04:25 AM