Jack Goff

Default If US Forces cannot protect...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:1103829076.68d9d021d0fa05da3cb894542ff2b80d@t eranews...
Tuuk wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong please,,,

There isn't enough available bandwidth...

In Hanoi Harry's head to even begin to comprehend what was said.

Gould 0738

Were there also many districts with a decent turnout, Chuck?

Not really.

You're dealing with a society that was secular under Hussein, but given its
druthers would rather be a Muslim theocracy than almost anything else. Many of
these people feel that measuring the popular sentiment or will with a vote is a
meaningless exercise, as all of society should be organized according to the
will of God as interpreted by the Koran and the local holymen.

*******

There's a huge difference between the Christian right and the right Christians
http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/content/ne...41012bsh.shtml

Doug Kanter

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

That's nonsense Chuck. Democracy doesn't have to be tied to ANY
particular religion. Democracy is government by the people. Perhaps
the fact that this ideal is in direct contrast to some of the
"guiding" principles of Islam, is where the friction comes from.

Clue alert - Clue alert - Clue alert.

You have provided yourself with a clue. Press "Esc" to stop seeing the clue.

So just who is it continuously insisting that all Christians are good
and
all of Islam are bad and evil? Can you provide a cite please or is this

just your opinion in an attempt to make your point?

******
Thousands of American groups, with millions of members. Just today I
came across such an organization, www.jihadwatch.org

Ever hear the term "Islamofascist" used on right wing talk radio? If
not, you haven't been listening.

********************

JimH

wrote in message
oups.com...
So just who is it continuously insisting that all Christians are good
and
all of Islam are bad and evil? Can you provide a cite please or is this

just your opinion in an attempt to make your point?

******
Thousands of American groups, with millions of members. Just today I
came across such an organization, www.jihadwatch.org

Ever hear the term "Islamofascist" used on right wing talk radio? If
not, you haven't been listening.

********************

One small extreme group that talks about *radical* Muslims and an obscure
talk radio show? Come on Chuck, you can do better.

Still waiting for proof of your other claim that 99% of Islam is harmless to
America.
I see you conveniently left that out of your reply.

JimH

wrote in message
oups.com...
So just who is it continuously insisting that all Christians are good
and
all of Islam are bad and evil? Can you provide a cite please or is this

just your opinion in an attempt to make your point?

******
Thousands of American groups, with millions of members. Just today I
came across such an organization, www.jihadwatch.org

Ever hear the term "Islamofascist" used on right wing talk radio? If
not, you haven't been listening.

********************

Nope, but I guess you have and I won't doubt you. Who are the *right wing*
talk show hosts using the term?

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 07:35:25 -0500, "JimH" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
So just who is it continuously insisting that all Christians are good
and
all of Islam are bad and evil? Can you provide a cite please or is this

just your opinion in an attempt to make your point?

******
Thousands of American groups, with millions of members. Just today I
came across such an organization, www.jihadwatch.org

Ever hear the term "Islamofascist" used on right wing talk radio? If
not, you haven't been listening.

One small extreme group that talks about *radical* Muslims and an obscure
talk radio show? Come on Chuck, you can do better.

Still waiting for proof of your other claim that 99% of Islam is harmless to
America.
I see you conveniently left that out of your reply.

I wouldn't say 99% - maybe 60% at the outside.

However, it is a political/theological religion and not in the least
bit secular in either concept - the two concepts are intertwined. The
fundamentalist Imans hold sway over a large portion of their folk and
that is where the danger lies.

Face it - most of Islam is living in the 6th Century in terms of
political and religious concepts.

It's hard to deal with that.
Doug Kanter

news
I wouldn't say 99% - maybe 60% at the outside.

However, it is a political/theological religion and not in the least
bit secular in either concept - the two concepts are intertwined. The
fundamentalist Imans hold sway over a large portion of their folk and
that is where the danger lies.

Tom, in places like Central America, Catholic priests have long been
involved in politics, sometimes for better, sometimes not. And, I don't mean
they were just having lunch with the dictator du jour. And, they practically
ran the Phillippines before we arrived to do whatever the hell we thought we
were doing there.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:58:49 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Still waiting for proof of your other claim that 99% of Islam is harmless to
America.
I see you conveniently left that out of your reply.

I wouldn't say 99% - maybe 60% at the outside.

Well, hell's bells...I'd guess that no more than 40% of evangelical,
conservative Christians post a clear and present danger to America. And
they're already here.

However, it is a political/theological religion and not in the least
bit secular in either concept - the two concepts are intertwined. The
fundamentalist Imans hold sway over a large portion of their folk and
that is where the danger lies.

You could say the same thing about evangelical, conservative Christians.

True, but we're not talking about evangelical conservative Christians.

Face it - most of Islam is living in the 6th Century in terms of
political and religious concepts.

You could say the same thing about evangelical, Conservative Christians.

You are letting your talent for hyperbole over ride the common sense
you normally exhibit. :)

With the exception of some extreme survivalist sects, most evangelical
conservative Christians educate their children, don't treat their
women as chattel and generally function in our society as contributing
citizens. Last I heard, I don't think any conservative Christian blew
themselves up in a crowded restaurant protesting Clinton's Third Term
Abortion debacle.

I agree that in some fundamentalist Christian sects are extreme - I
can't deny that. However I think that in most "Christian" churches
you will find that not the case at all - it is a much more communal
setting for worship and fellowship. I must also protest at the
evangelical designation as being somehow "bad". There are evangelical
denominations (or subsets if you will) of main branch faiths that
liberal in terms of social philosophy.

The difference here is that we're talking the whole of one faith which
does not vary from country to country. What we are now facing is a
subset of Wahhabism which is gaining cultural footholds in most
countries with Islamic populations.

That's the 40% which is very dangerous.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:35:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

news
I wouldn't say 99% - maybe 60% at the outside.

However, it is a political/theological religion and not in the least
bit secular in either concept - the two concepts are intertwined. The
fundamentalist Imans hold sway over a large portion of their folk and
that is where the danger lies.

Tom, in places like Central America, Catholic priests have long been
involved in politics, sometimes for better, sometimes not. And, I don't mean
they were just having lunch with the dictator du jour. And, they practically
ran the Phillippines before we arrived to do whatever the hell we thought we
were doing there.

I don't deny that. Catholics were both oppressors and liberators.

However, we're not discussing US if you will. We are discussing THEM.
I am fully aware of the atrocities generated in the name of Christian
beliefs, but Christians have moved beyond that where the
fundamentalist Islamic states have not.

Just because christians in the past were responsible does not make the
atrocities of Islam now somehow correct.