Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
wgander

Default mounting trailering lights

If you have trailer lights mounted to a board that you fasten to your boat
while trailering, please tell me how you made it.
After six years of trailering, I'm finally tired of the constant wiring
maintenance requirements of trailer lights that get dunked in salt water
several times a week. It's not the light bulbs - they're the encapsulated
kind; so changing to LEDs wouldn't have any effect on the wiring
requirements.
I have a spare set of trailer lights but the mounting bolts are only an inch
long. While I could counter bore a hole in the wood I mount them to, I
wonder if you mount them to metal which is then fastened to the wood.
I plan on wrapping the wood with carpet to avoid scraping the gunwales and
using bungees to hold it to the trailer.