larsinla

Default boat removal in the Bay Area

hi there,

I got an old baot in my slip and need to trash it. it is a coronado 27
build in 1972 and has not been sailed for a long time. engine and
outboard engine are probably not working anymore.

cannot donate since it is not worth anything.

didnt find a place that takes it yet (in the Bay Area)

Can anyone point me to a junk yard or who or whatever might take this
boat.

thanks,

larsinla

Eisboch

larsinla wrote in message
oups.com...
hi there,

I got an old baot in my slip and need to trash it. it is a coronado 27
build in 1972 and has not been sailed for a long time. engine and
outboard engine are probably not working anymore.

cannot donate since it is not worth anything.

didnt find a place that takes it yet (in the Bay Area)

Can anyone point me to a junk yard or who or whatever might take this
boat.

thanks,

larsinla

I had this recurring nightmare with an old boat that I had once. The
landfill wouldn't take it and I couldn't donate it. What to do with it when
it just wasn't worth keeping?

At the suggestion of a friend, I stuck a "For Sale" sign on it with an
asking price of 1000 bucks. Within 2 days I "accepted" an offer of $500 and
the happy new owner towed it away.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:17:45 GMT, "Eisboch"
wrote:

larsinla wrote in message
roups.com...
hi there,

I got an old baot in my slip and need to trash it. it is a coronado 27
build in 1972 and has not been sailed for a long time. engine and
outboard engine are probably not working anymore.

cannot donate since it is not worth anything.

didnt find a place that takes it yet (in the Bay Area)

Can anyone point me to a junk yard or who or whatever might take this
boat.

thanks,

larsinla

I had this recurring nightmare with an old boat that I had once. The
landfill wouldn't take it and I couldn't donate it. What to do with it when
it just wasn't worth keeping?

At the suggestion of a friend, I stuck a "For Sale" sign on it with an
asking price of 1000 bucks. Within 2 days I "accepted" an offer of $500 and
the happy new owner towed it away.

My friend at the boat shop once a year cleans out his yard of boats
that go over the mechanics lien time limit or boats just left in the
yard by people who don't' want them anymore. He sells the ones worth
money, but most of them are junk.

Anyway - and I've actually been there when this happens - he puts a
couple out by the street with FREE signs on them.

They are gone within an hour.

It's like freakin magic. :)

Later,

Tom
Jim

The always entertaining Captain Neal:
http://www.captneal.homestead.com/Vessel.html

Garth Almgren

Around 12/21/2004 3:08 PM, larsinla wrote:

hi there,

I got an old baot in my slip and need to trash it. it is a coronado 27
build in 1972 and has not been sailed for a long time. engine and
outboard engine are probably not working anymore.

cannot donate since it is not worth anything.

didnt find a place that takes it yet (in the Bay Area)

Can anyone point me to a junk yard or who or whatever might take this
boat.

Post an ad in an appropriate forum at http://www.craigslist.org/

If the price is low enough (read: free) it'll be gone within a day.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
bb

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:57:29 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

My friend at the boat shop once a year cleans out his yard of boats
that go over the mechanics lien time limit or boats just left in the
yard by people who don't' want them anymore. He sells the ones worth
money, but most of them are junk.

Anyway - and I've actually been there when this happens - he puts a
couple out by the street with FREE signs on them.

They are gone within an hour.

It's like freakin magic. :)

The alley behind my business is like a freeway for people living on
the fringe of society. I didn't realize this until I bought a
commercial property, with an alley, in my area. For years I rented
commercial space in the downtown area and had to deal with all of it's
idiocentriciticies, before I bought my own piece of commercial heaven
in the city.

Over the last couple of years I have learned, if there's something I
want to keep, don't leave it outside, for even a few hours. If
there's something I want to get rid of, which is very often, leave it
outside for a night, and like magic, it will be gone.

I had an old fuel oil drum from an old heating system, that was left
as a gift from the previous owner of the property. I pumped the 30 or
so gallons of heating oil into jerry cans and took them to to the
county recycling center. They said the would take the old 55 gallon
drum, but after I loaded it and hauled it down to the dump, they
declined, as it was an old fuel oil drum. I was instructed to drill
holes into the drum and then they would accept it, but they didn't.

I left it out back one night, and like majic, it was gone the next
morning. I could probably make a lot of money getting rid of spent
fuel rods from neuclear plants, but I just don't have it in me.

bb
Calif Bill

wrote:

larsinla wrote in message
[...]

At Pillar Point Harbor in Calif, the put the abandoned and dead beat slip
paying boats in "The Box". They tow them up on the beach and let the
salvagers go at them.

basskisser

wrote:

larsinla wrote in message
roups.com...
hi there,

I got an old baot in my slip and need to trash it. it is a

coronado 27
build in 1972 and has not been sailed for a long time. engine

and
outboard engine are probably not working anymore.

cannot donate since it is not worth anything.

didnt find a place that takes it yet (in the Bay Area)

Can anyone point me to a a

href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=junk%20yard"
onmouseover="window.status='junk yard'; return true;"
onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"junk yard/a or who or
[...]

Oh, bull****. Anybody with any sense would know that's not true. There
are too many environmental regulations in place that would prevent a
company from doing such, let alone the fact that the boats don't belong
to them. That would be akin to me taking your boat out of your yard and
doing the same thing.

Calif Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

larsinla wrote in message
[...]

Actually they can tow your car out of your yard in some states if the
registration is not current. Stops urban blight. And the harbor district
has a perfectly legal right to do this. You do not pay your slip rental,
just like a mechanics lien, they own the boat. And after the salvagers get
through, there is very little to tow off to the landfill. Works well.

What was it like 4 U Joe ASA 264 December 28th 04 11:26 PM
Bought a Reinel 26' FamilySailor ASA 290 August 11th 04 02:29 PM
wanted: live-aboard boaters Power & Motoryacht Cruising 6 September 16th 03 02:25 AM