Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
trooper99

Default OMC 1985 sterndrive

I am looking at a boat with an 1985 OMC sterndrive with 5L GM 305
engine. When the engine runs, I don't see any dribbler stream of water.
I am not familiar with this model of OMC sterndrive (68-86), but I had
a '67 that did have a dribbler. Also, all outboards I have ever had
always have a dribbler. Does anyone know where the dribler stream
should come from on this outdrive? Or if there is one?

I am concerned that there may be a bad impeller and if the owner is
oblivious to this, the result could be a heat damaged engine.

Also, I assume water chould come out of the center of the prop with the
exhaust. Is this correct?
Thanks,
Bruce