BigBadJohn

Default Holiday Tips?

Does anyone customarily give Tips to their Marina? What about other
people who work on/around your boat?

Short Wave Sportfishing

On 17 Dec 2004 08:33:41 -0800, "BigBadJohn"
wrote:

Does anyone customarily give Tips to their Marina?

Hell no.

What about other people who work on/around your boat?

Hell no.

Later,

Tom
Calif Bill

wrote:

Does anyone customarily give Tips to their Marina?

Hell no.

What about other people who work on/around your boat?

Hell no.

Later,

Tom

Hell yes. I give myself some extras at times. I ignored the other than me
that works on the boat.

JohnH

wrote:

Does anyone customarily give Tips to their Marina? What about other
people who work on/around your boat?

I keep mine in a boatel. I give the forklift operators tips at
Christmas and about midway through the summer.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
tony thomas

I have found that each marina is different. Some marinas do not allow
tipping since it creates favoritism. A person comes in to have his boat
launched and all the poeple know that he tips good so they run all over each
other to help him and others stand by waiting. Just because they cannot
afford a big tip.

Others allow it.

I personally don't like the idea of tipping unless maybe you have them do
something special for you that is out of the ordinary and the marina allows
it.

--
Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com
"BigBadJohn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone customarily give Tips to their Marina? What about other
people who work on/around your boat?

Dan Krueger

Did you sell it or move it?

Dan

wrote:

Does anyone customarily give Tips to their Marina? What about other
people who work on/around your boat?

I keep mine in a boatel. I give the forklift operators tips at
Christmas and about midway through the summer.
John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and
necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

When I had my Parker at the same boatel Herring used, I gave the
forklift operator $20 for each launch/retrieval. The operators there
were first-class in every regard, and always very, very careful with my
boat. And when they stored it, it was always put on a convenient rack.
The care they took was worth the $20.

Dan Krueger

So what did you see at the boat show???

Harry Krause wrote:
Dan Krueger wrote:

Did you sell it or move it?

Dan

wrote:

Does anyone customarily give Tips to their Marina? What about other
people who work on/around your boat?

I keep mine in a boatel. I give the forklift operators tips at
Christmas and about midway through the summer.
John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and
necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

When I had my Parker at the same boatel Herring used, I gave the
forklift operator $20 for each launch/retrieval. The operators there
were first-class in every regard, and always very, very careful with
my boat. And when they stored it, it was always put on a convenient
rack.
The care they took was worth the $20.

I moved it to a marina closer to where I like to fish, though it is
informally for sale

RichG

I brought a couple of Houston Texan's woven "P" caps to my local mechanic
and his guys the other day. I included a Christmas card. They do good work
for me during the year...why wouldn't I want to do something simple like
that for them?

The day one of the few really cold ones that we had around here this year.
They certainly sounded like they appreciated the gesture. I don't want
special services; just their normal outstanding care and concern for my boat
and motor. ( Northshore Marine, Houston TX )
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

"BigBadJohn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone customarily give Tips to their Marina? What about other
people who work on/around your boat?

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:34:14 GMT, "RichG"
wrote:

I brought a couple of Houston Texan's woven "P" caps to my local mechanic
and his guys the other day. I included a Christmas card. They do good work
for me during the year...why wouldn't I want to do something simple like
that for them?

The day one of the few really cold ones that we had around here this year.
They certainly sounded like they appreciated the gesture. I don't want
special services; just their normal outstanding care and concern for my boat
and motor. ( Northshore Marine, Houston TX )

I don't tip and here's why.

1 - I always pay my bill on time or before it's due. In full.

2 - I buy my gas at their dock and pay through the nose for it. They
are making a healthy profit on it.

3 - I support their charity fishing tournaments even though I don't
fish in them - I make a monetary contribution.

4 - Every once in a while I'll have five pizzas delivered to the shop
for the guys and their helpers.

5 - In the winter I bring coffee and doughnuts when I check my boat.

That's enough.

Later,

Tom