NIALLBRUCE

Default Affordable Flotilla - Advice??

I've learnt how to sail dinghys and have spent a couple of hours on a larger
26" (Hunter) yacht but don't have enough money to buy one. However, I could
probably scrape together around £500 for a sailing holiday this Spring /
Summer. Nonetheless, all the websites that I've found are very expensive. Can I
go sailing within this budget??

I could probably persuade my girlfriend to pay around £500 too (although she
has never sailed before). Everyone else that I know would probably be looking
for a deal around £300 (we're all students - just finished our degree). Have I
chosen a sport that's beyond my reach??

I finish uni at the end of April so was hoping to find a late-deal then. I've
got brochures from several companies but they're still very expensive. I heard
that it's possible to get a good deal if you're willing to help sail the boats
from storage down to the sailing area (e.g. the Ionian). Is this true?? Since
price is our main consideration, any savings would be great!!

Thanks in advance for any comments!!
Niall Bruce

Advice Wanted Chris Boat Building 0 June 20th 04 12:26 PM
ON Topic -- Power boat novice seeks advice Jim General 31 April 15th 04 02:22 AM
Sage restoration advice wanted (osmosis) Angus Gratton General 4 November 14th 03 06:04 PM
Give me advice! Bareboat charter in Caribbean nick Cruising 18 September 10th 03 11:09 PM
Advice on sailing courses in the Whitsunday Islands, Australia skunk.co.uk Cruising 4 July 26th 03 11:58 AM