Default SEA DRAGON INFLATABLE BOATS DINGHY? IS IT NEW?

Hi,

Did anyone hear anything about these Sea Dragon inflatable boats? Very
similar to Zodiac dinghy boats. They have a web site
http://www.BoatsToGo.com and it seems that their prices suspiciously low for
inflatable boats.

At least twice lower then Zodiac boats. But I never heard about this brand.
I need one for Key Largo trip in FL, but I want to make sure that boat is
good. Has anyone bought inflatable boat from BoatsToGo.com? Please let me
know your feedback.

Gould 0738

What are you going to do with the boat?

If you just need something to get ahsore from a close in mooring buoy or nearby
anchorage, you could make it back and forth on a couple of innertubes bridged
by a plank.

The website you linked answers your question for you. Every single one of the
so-called "testimonials" reads, "I really appreciate the prompt manner in which
you shipped the boat." The two on the home page even contain comments like,
"If it holds up over time it will be a great value". Nobody seems to have
actually used one.

As for the "testimonials", ask yourself:
Do you routinely sit down and crank out a letter heaping praise on a company
that has done nothing, so far. except get FedEx to deliver a parcel on time?

Check out the wholesale page. Sea Dragon is probably just one of the "Custom
names" available for a one time set-up fee of $200.

My guess is that these are cranked out in some sweatshop in Asia. (Several of
the better lines available these days are made in Italy). When one considers
the actual cost of raw materials in a 9-foot inflatable, most of the cost is
labor and most of the price is markup.

For performing duties where an air mattress or an inner tube would serve almost
as well, you can buy anything.
If you will be in situtations where a wholesale failure of a glued seam (that
could result in a swamping or sinking of the dinghy) might actually put you at
some serious risk, I'd step up a bit and get a product with at least a known
track record.

By the way, those prices are not "twice lower" than Zodiac, (whatever that
means).
Zodiac has some promotional boats that are commonly available for just a little
more than the prices on that web site.

Zodiac isn't the absolute top of the heap in inflatable quality, anyway. Want
to see some serious inflatable boats?

www.westcoastfrogs.com

Check out the Zar boats on the last page.
You could take one of those almost anywhere you had enough range to go.

Jim

From the web site:
New generation PVC is better then Hypalon. Why? Click here to read
article from Zodiac web site: "...Further research lead to the discovery
of polyvinyl chloride, or PVC. PVC coated fabric was even more durable
and held air better than Hypalon. PVC is highly resistant to sun and
pollutants. PVC is highly resistant to abrasion. PVC is tough and
durable...Today, more inflatable boats sold are made of PVC than
Hypalon. Some of Zodiac's commercial models use Hypalon, but Zodiac is
leading the way to update 1948 military specifications..."

PVC is better? How? Cheaper? Well to the Walmart shoppers, cheaper is
better. I've found that some things are more important than price.

I wouldn't buy a PVC boat at any price.

wrote:

Hi,

Did anyone hear anything about these Sea Dragon inflatable boats? Very
similar to Zodiac dinghy boats. They have a web site
http://www.BoatsToGo.com and it seems that their prices suspiciously low for
inflatable boats.

At least twice lower then Zodiac boats. But I never heard about this brand.
I need one for Key Largo trip in FL, but I want to make sure that boat is
good. Has anyone bought inflatable boat from BoatsToGo.com? Please let me
know your feedback.

Gould 0738

PVC is better? How? Cheaper? Well to the Walmart shoppers, cheaper is
better. I've found that some things are more important than price.

There are some points that could be argued in favor of PVC. But they remain
"arguable", and many people continue to do so.

The main reason that dinghy builders are using PVC is that you can almost
completely automate the assembly of tubes. Hypalon stil requires a more
skilled craftsperson and a lot more hand work.

K. Smith

Hi,

Did anyone hear anything about these Sea Dragon inflatable boats? Very
similar to Zodiac dinghy boats. They have a web site
http://www.BoatsToGo.com and it seems that their prices suspiciously low for
inflatable boats.

At least twice lower then Zodiac boats. But I never heard about this brand.
I need one for Key Largo trip in FL, but I want to make sure that boat is
good. Has anyone bought inflatable boat from BoatsToGo.com? Please let me
know your feedback.

This would be spam which makes you a spammer & of course you can expect
competition from a bigger spammer promoting "his" seller, it's
unavoidable, it's just the laws of luncheon meats.