Gould 0738

Default Remarkable hand cleaner

We cruised to a nearby town for dinner-and-a-movie Saturday night, (where I got
triple points in the chick-flick/guy-flick movie rotation for sitting through
"Legally Blonde II").

Spent some time Saturday afternoon doing some varnishing. As I finished up, I
had a few slightly sticky fingertips from handling the varnish can, etc. The
Mrs. took pity on me out in the sun, peeled me an orange, and stuffed the
orange chunks into my mouth.

As I proceeded to clean up after the varnish job, I grabbed the orange peel and
intended to put it into the garbage. Lo and behold, it seemed that my fingers
were suddenly less sticky from tacky varnish than they had been. I rubbed the
orange peel on other fingertips, and in less than a half minute, my fingers
were varnish free. Sure beats heck out of pouring thinner on your skin, (which
is a real no-no from a health risk standpoint).

While the Mrs. was jogging this morning, I did a light sand and another coat on
yesterday's varnish work. Used another orange peel to clean up afterward, and
it worked just as well again today.

Probably wouldn't work once the varnish was completely dry, but I was surprised
how well it worked on the still-sticky variety.

So, unless somebody steals my idea and beats me to it, I will take up peeling
oranges in my retirement years. I be stuffing the peels into cans, sealing up
the cans, and peddling Gould's Miracle Hand Cleaner through West Marine Stores
at $10-12 a shot. West Marine can take a 50% markup- and I still ought to be
able to gross about $300 an hour. :-)

Gary Warner

I use 'GoJo' Natural Orange Pumice Hand Cleaner purchased from Costco.

Exactly. Works on everything and doesn't go bad when it sets in the shop
for
two weeks while I'm away.

Gould 0738

Somebody beat you to it by at least 10 years! A chemical company I worked
for sold citrus d'limonene, (some kind of citrus extract), in various
strengths. Hand cleaners with the same stuff have been around for years too.
Fast orange for one comes to mind, I have a jug under the sink.
Greg

Well maybe so, but aren't those cleaners all mushed up with a bunch of
additional and werid chemicals? You'd think the original, natural item would
have certain
a-peel.

Greg O

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Somebody beat you to it by at least 10 years! A chemical company I worked
for sold citrus d'limonene, (some kind of citrus extract), in various
strengths. Hand cleaners with the same stuff have been around for years

too.
Fast orange for one comes to mind, I have a jug under the sink.
Greg

Well maybe so, but aren't those cleaners all mushed up with a bunch of
additional and werid chemicals? You'd think the original, natural item

would
have certain
a-peel.

The d'limonene was in stengths up to about 95%. The lower stengths were
diluted with good ol' h2o.
The Fast Orange hand cleaner is as good as any I have found. I putz with
wood, and with cars so I give it a good test.
Greg

Calif Bill

This West Coaster uses the GoJo from Costco and unlike the old handcleaner
that had the permanent dispenser always gum up, the pump bottle works fine
for the whole bottle.
Bill