Doug Kanter

Default A True American Speaks...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:1101825950.gPyDue0F3Df2P46SHvx5aw@teranews...
Why I love the right-wing...this is a cleaned up version of an email I
received after stating here that we didn't know the facts regarding that
awful hunting-shooting incident in the Upper Midwest last week:

"I've hunted for many, many years in Minnesota and have had to put up
with Hmongs coming through the woods shooting everything, and I mean
everything, in site. (such as songbirds, housecats, even game out of
season). They then make a fire to cook their illegal victims,...
feather, fur, guts and all right there and eat it. If we are to be open
to foreigners moving into OUR country, then they need
to abide by OUR laws, OUR customs and OUR beliefs. They need to leave
the crap from Laos behind!
What a ****ing narrow-minded dick. Geez!"

Ain't Amerika great?

What's wrong with expecting that hunting & wildlife regulations be observed,
even if someone's native customs say "shoot anything that moves"?

Gould 0738

"I've hunted for many, many years in

The Black Hills

and have had to put up
with

settlers and miners of European ancestry

coming through the woods shooting everything, and I mean
everything, in site.

They then make a fire to cook their illegal victims,...
feather, fur, guts and all right there and eat it. If we are to be open
to foreigners moving into OUR country, then they need
to abide by OUR laws, OUR customs and OUR beliefs. They need to leave
the crap from

Boston

behind!

:-)

Doug Kanter

Doug Kanter wrote:
[...]

Nothing at all...but I suspect the fellow that sent me this email saw
once in his life an Asian misbehaving in the woods, assumed after last
week's horror that the fellow was Hmong, and has now come up with the
tale of "Hmongs coming through the woods" shooting everything in sight.
Unlikely. And even more unlike he knows anything at all about Laos, or
what life there is like.

Some of the more detailed news reports about the shooting included the fact
that the Hmong were sometimes a bit liberal with their interpretation of
game laws and private property, which is why there's some sort of genuine
official Hmong organization, with a spokesperson and everything, involved
with negotiating community disputes. Apparently, part of the problem
involves reading/language problems. If I recall, one report even said that
the Wisconsin wildlife department (whatever it's called) has hired a couple
of the Hmong to serve as interpreters.

The whole situation sounds like a mess.

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Nothing at all...but I suspect the fellow that sent me this email saw....

And that just about says all anyone needs to know about your posts.

John Gaquin

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message news:k21rd.5588

Some...reports ... the Hmong were sometimes a bit liberal with their

interpretation of
game laws and private property,

....part of the problem
involves reading/language problems.

Somehow, I doubt that neither liberal interpretation of game laws, nor
Laotian customs, nor reading/language problems ought to result in 6 dead
humans.

Doug Kanter

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message news:k21rd.5588

Some...reports ... the Hmong were sometimes a bit liberal with their

interpretation of
game laws and private property,

....part of the problem
involves reading/language problems.

Somehow, I doubt that neither liberal interpretation of game laws, nor
Laotian customs, nor reading/language problems ought to result in 6 dead
humans.

I didn't say that. I said that there were some ongoing, general
misunderstandings in the region which were being addressed by the state, and
by a group representing the Hmong. The group is necessary because many of
them don't yet have an effective command of English.

DSK

... there were some ongoing, general
misunderstandings in the region which were being addressed by the state, and
by a group representing the Hmong. The group is necessary because many of
them don't yet have an effective command of English.

Harry Krause wrote:
Is there room in that group for our POTUS? He qualifies as someone
without an effective command of English.

No. The Hmong are here because they fought for us in Viet Nam. President
Bush doesn't qualify.

DSK

JohnH

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:45:40 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Why I love the right-wing...this is a cleaned up version of an email I
received after stating here that we didn't know the facts regarding that
awful hunting-shooting incident in the Upper Midwest last week:

"I've hunted for many, many years in Minnesota and have had to put up
with Hmongs coming through the woods shooting everything, and I mean
everything, in site. (such as songbirds, housecats, even game out of
season). They then make a fire to cook their illegal victims,...
feather, fur, guts and all right there and eat it. If we are to be open
to foreigners moving into OUR country, then they need
to abide by OUR laws, OUR customs and OUR beliefs. They need to leave
the crap from Laos behind!
What a ****ing narrow-minded dick. Geez!"

Ain't Amerika great?

Harry, we first have to get past the idea of a right-winger sending
you an email. Then we have to accept that you received this.

If your friend witnessed all this, and didn't call the cops, then I
can understand why he's your friend.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

wrote:

[...]

I get hate mail from right-wingers all the time.

If your friend witnessed all this, and didn't call the cops, then I
can understand why he's your friend.

More like a friend of yours, as he is semiliterate at best.

JohnH

wrote:

[...]

More weasel shuffle, huh Harry?