kendot21

Default No fire mariner

I have a 1991 mariner 115 that has run like a champ until today. Last
trip out there was no indications of any problems and yet, today, I
have no fire (ignition). It has set idle for the past 5-6 weeks but I
can't for the life of me figure out how that might have caused this
failure. The only thing I have done is to install a depth finder and
I connected it to the "master" switch same as other accessories have
been connected to the power and in a circuit that is not supposed to
have any bearing on the engine (it only controls items like the bilge
pump, lights, livewell pump, etc.) Sooooo... any input would very much
be appreciated. If nothing else, I would like to have some idea of
what is causing my problem incase I have to resort to a repair shop
somewere.

Thanks ken
Greg

Dumb question, You didn't accidently trip the lanyard kill switch in the
control console ???

Rod McInnis

"Greg" wrote in message
Dumb question, You didn't accidently trip the lanyard kill switch in the
control console ???

That's not so dumb of a question, actually........

I bought a brand new Correct Craft ski boat a few years ago. The second
time I went to launch the boat I could not get it to run. I hauled it back
up to the parking lot, took the engine cover off and started diagnosing the
problem. Jeeze, no spark!

I called the dealer to see if they had any ideas. "Is the safety lanyard in
place?" was his first question. This was the first non-dinghy boat I have
owned that had a safety lanyard, and I certainly hadn't removed it, but it
wasn't there! Turns out my son was concerned that someone might steal our
new pride and joy so he had removed the lanyard and hidden it. Of course,
he couldn't remember where he had hidden it.

Once we found the lanyard we were on our way, a bit delayed and much
embarrassed but otherwise okay.

Rod