Butch Ammon

Default An off-topic Christmas Wish

bb,

Sorry if my original post struck a nerve with you, Chuck Gould, and many
others. Like noah said before, I must have posted out of anger, frustration,
or just spewed out from the lip without thinking.

I just don't see the reasoning behind the ultra left-wing, hardcore, liberals.
It's plain and simple. I can only shake my head and ask, "Why?"

My old RED 17' trihull boat is still sitting under it's cover, all winterized,
and hibernating like a bear until the spring. When the warm weather arrives,
it will roar to life and I'll be out boating again.

Take care.

Butch Ammon
RSG Roll Call:
http://rec-sport-golf.com/?rc=ammonbutch
Gould 0738

Sorry if my original post struck a nerve with you, Chuck Gould, and many
others. Like noah said before, I must have posted out of anger, frustration,
or just spewed out from the lip without thinking.

Very gracious of you Butch. Show more class than many who have done the same.

I just don't see the reasoning behind the ultra left-wing, hardcore,
liberals.
It's plain and simple. I can only shake my head and ask, "Why?"

The wonderful aspect is, you're not required to see any reasoning at all. I
can't understand Scientology, but I respect the right of people to become
Scientologists.
I can't figure out how anybody with half a heart can endorse much of what
passes for conservatism these days, but simply because I can't figure it out
doesn't make conservatives evil people.

In reality, the liberal vs. conservative differences most often boil down to
the question "Who does the government serve?"

In general, liberals believe that the government is accountable to *all* the
people, and that establishing an environment where any person willing to work
hard, be creative, take some risks, and be slightly lucky has an opportunity to
earn a better lifestyle is a worthy, social, goal.

I'm not a conservative, but from what I can tell most conservatives feel that
the government is accountable to the *taxpayers*. The greater the number of tax
dollars paid, the greater the number of benefits one has a right to expect in
return.
Many conservatives feel that it should be government's business to either
assist the wealthy in perpetuating and increasing their net worth, or at least
get out of the way and let commerce proceed without the nagging baggage of
assuming responsibility for social consequences.

If one view is too Utopian, the other is too
hard nosed and selfish. :-)

A Dickens Christmas Harry Krause General 0 December 25th 03 11:30 AM
Christmas Washinton DC Calif Bill General 0 December 24th 03 11:03 PM
Merry Christmas to all of you in rec.boats... :-) (03) Stig Arne Bye General 1 December 23rd 03 11:19 PM
Christmas at Sea Keith General 5 December 18th 03 03:26 PM
on topic/off topic same ole General 2 December 10th 03 01:02 AM