Don White

Default O/T 'Foodsaver' vacuum appliance

Anyone familiar with the 'Foodsaver' vacuum appliances?
I bought the wife model 550 for Christmas, but have just discovered that
this model is discontinued.
Now I wonder if I should return this model and payout another $ 130.00 for
the 'professional' model.
I can't tell from their website if the 'pro' model has a better motor, or
just loaded with features I may not use.

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:

Anyone familiar with the 'Foodsaver' vacuum appliances?
I bought the wife model 550 for Christmas, but have just discovered that
this model is discontinued.
Now I wonder if I should return this model and payout another $ 130.00 for
the 'professional' model.
I can't tell from their website if the 'pro' model has a better motor, or
just loaded with features I may not use.

Get the pro model. It sucks like... a pro.

--
Email sent to is never read.
John Gaquin

"Don White" wrote in message news:QtMGb.19655

Anyone familiar with the 'Foodsaver' vacuum appliances?
I bought the wife model 550 for Christmas, but have just discovered that
this model is discontinued.

Don, I've had a 550 for a couple of years. Works fine, no problems. I
jumped for some accessories when I bought it, and found that with this, as
with so many other things, the accessories sound interesting, but never get
used unless you have specific requirements.

JG

Calif Bill

"Don White" wrote in message
Anyone familiar with the 'Foodsaver' vacuum appliances?
I bought the wife model 550 for Christmas, but have just discovered that
this model is discontinued.
Now I wonder if I should return this model and payout another $ 130.00

for
the 'professional' model.
I can't tell from their website if the 'pro' model has a better motor, or
just loaded with features I may not use.

Where are you buying? The professional with lots of accessories at Costco
is about $170 US from what I remember.

Jim

look here -- much less expensive, manual, and pulls a higher vacuum than
the electric ones

http://www.viworld.com/foodsaver/

I have no financial interest in the above