Dr. Dr. Smithers

Default Thunderbird Message Filter Upgraded

Yawn.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
The message filter on the latest version of T'bird does indeed "delete"
messages in their entirety so that don't even appear in my newsgroup
inbox, which is a step up from the "mark as read" dumpstering I'd been
doing previously. I'm not sure which nightly release of T'bird
incoporated this upgrade, but it is more than welcome.

Take out the papers and the trash or you will get no spending cash:

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at
2004-11-12 10:13:01 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- O.T. CUT UP THE REPUBLICANS CREDIT CARDS at
2004-11-12 10:29:21 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "P.Fritz"
- O.T. CUT UP THE REPUBLICANS CREDIT CARDS
at 2004-11-12 10:31:03 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
10:36:12 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "P.Fritz"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at
2004-11-12 10:48:26 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "P.Fritz"
- O.T. CUT UP THE REPUBLICANS CREDIT CARDS
at 2004-11-12 10:50:48 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- Kerry really concedes at 2004-11-12 11:58:38
Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
12:29:17 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at
2004-11-12 12:31:19 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- FOR SALE: 1999 Mallard 37 foot Travel Trailer at
2004-11-12 13:22:51 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at
2004-11-12 13:35:46 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
14:07:40 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
14:14:11 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
14:16:51 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
14:21:29 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at
2004-11-12 14:39:06 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- Cleaning Shore Power Cables at 2004-11-12
15:03:23 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
15:17:24 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- Cleaning Shore Power Cables at 2004-11-12
15:24:12 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "P.Fritz"
- How do they know what blood type ?? at
2004-11-12 15:29:07 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
15:41:55 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- I have a crazy wife at 2004-11-12 16:09:26 Action

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "JimH"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at
2004-11-12 16:29:53 Action = Delete

Applied filter "rec.boats bozo bin" to message from "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
- OT Repubs against Fancy Book Learnin' at 2004-11-12
16:32:27 Action = Delete

---------------------------------

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.
Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom
they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less
easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side."
- Aristotle

JohnH

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 03:54:31 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
wrote:

Yawn.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
The message filter on the latest version of T'bird does indeed "delete"
messages in their entirety so that don't even appear in my newsgroup
inbox, which is a step up from the "mark as read" dumpstering I'd been
doing previously. I'm not sure which nightly release of T'bird
incoporated this upgrade, but it is more than welcome.

Good try at a cover up, Harry. Now, please tell us why one would
retain a list of the messages 'deleted' by one's filter?

For example, when I had you kill filed, your messages just never
showed up when you were listed as the author. Granted, it was an
editing of this 'work of art' newsgroup, but it added immensely to my
reading enjoyment.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

wrote:

Yawn.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
The message filter on the latest version of T'bird does indeed "delete"
messages in their entirety so that don't even appear in my newsgroup
inbox, which is a step up from the "mark as read" dumpstering I'd been
doing previously. I'm not sure which nightly release of T'bird
incoporated this upgrade, but it is more than welcome.

Good try at a cover up, Harry. Now, please tell us why one would
retain a list of the messages 'deleted' by one's filter?

For example, when I had you kill filed, your messages just never
showed up when you were listed as the author. Granted, it was an
editing of this 'work of art' newsgroup, but it added immensely to my
reading enjoyment.

Let's keep it simple, Herring, so that you are not overwhelmed here.

You use Forte Agent. I do not. I'm not familiar with the intricacies of
Forte Agent, but I am pretty familiar with the ins-and-outs of T'bird.

T'bird allows you to keep various logs for various reasons. With me so
far? I keep various logs for various reasons.

One of the logs I keep shows me the dates, times, subject, and poster
names of those whose messages I filter out. Not the message texts...just
some of the "header" information. This lets me know the filter is
working. Why do I want to now that? Because some of those I filter out
play fun and games with their IDs or with their email addresses, and I
might have several entries for an individual. The log lets met check to
see if the filter is working properly, and whether adjustments are
needed. That's the why part.

Got it? Do you understand? Or do I have to break it down further for you?

John S

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:55:21 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

[...]

What happened to pleasant conversation?

Regards
John S

I would rather be boating!

JohnH

wrote:

[...]

An even better try at a cover up!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
JimH

wrote:

[...]

Truly amazing that the guy somehow feels compelled to post his list...and he
laughed at Christopher for doing the same. He is indeed a sick puppy.

Harry Krause

wrote:

[...]

I forgot...you were dumb enough to get drafted, and then you volunteered
for more. That's at least a partial explanation for your dim-wittedness.
JohnH

wrote:

[...]

You're back to what you do best, Harry, name-calling again. Out of
bullets, so time to shoot blanks.