basskisser

Default PING: Clams

Clams, been up to watch them drag the semi out of Hartwell at the I-85
bridge? Heard on the news that one went in.
Jack Redington

basskisser wrote:
Clams, been up to watch them drag the semi out of Hartwell at the I-85
bridge? Heard on the news that one went in.

Clams what area of lake Hartwell do you call your home waters. We have a
place on Gumlog Creek (ga side)

Capt Jack R.
basskisser

Jack Redington wrote in message link.net...
basskisser wrote:
Clams, been up to watch them drag the semi out of Hartwell at the I-85
bridge? Heard on the news that one went in.

Clams what area of lake Hartwell do you call your home waters. We have a
place on Gumlog Creek (ga side)

Capt Jack R.

I've fished in Gumlog Creek! Nice area. Once on the I-85 bridge I saw
a semi with PVC pipe wreck on the bridge, and most of the pipe ended
up in the lake. It was quite a site, the pvc pipe looked like pixy
sticks, all stuck in the mud.
Jack Redington

basskisser wrote:

Clams, been up to watch them drag the semi out of Hartwell at the I-85
bridge? Heard on the news that one went in.

Clams what area of lake Hartwell do you call your home waters. We have a
place on Gumlog Creek (ga side)

Capt Jack R.

I've fished in Gumlog Creek! Nice area. Once on the I-85 bridge I saw
a semi with PVC pipe wreck on the bridge, and most of the pipe ended
up in the lake. It was quite a site, the pvc pipe looked like pixy
sticks, all stuck in the mud.

I wonder what that truck was hauling that went over the bridge you
mentioned. Heard that on the radio as well.

So far I like the Gumlog Creek area pretty much myself. The wife and I
had been wanting to get a weekend place on Hartwell for a while and
decided this year the time was right to try looking around. I have been
on Hartwell only about a dozen times and enjoyed the slower pace as
compaired to Lanier. Even the holiday weekends that we spend on it were
not to busy.

We have been fixing up a old double-wide trailer that we ended up buying
on Hartwell this summer for the last 6 weeks and it is really looking
pretty good. It needed alot of cleaning and painting and we are really
pleased with it. I don't think my wife ever thought it would turn out as
well as it has. Hopefully we will get it in the shape I want for summer
so we can spend alot more time getting to know Gumlog Creek :-)

Heading up to Anderson SC to talk to a guy about a new dock. After that
I think I will be set lake access wise.

Capt Jack R.

Ping Pong Balls - Conclusion Tailgunner Boat Building 15 January 19th 04 04:02 PM
Ping Pong Balls Tailgunner Boat Building 39 December 26th 03 02:34 PM
Merc '85 / '86 Question... Clams??? Jim General 0 October 2nd 03 07:00 AM
ping: Peter Wiley Scout ASA 22 August 20th 03 12:47 AM
Ping TwoWheels Bertie the Bunyip ASA 5 August 13th 03 01:49 AM