Jeff Durham

Default How much gear oil in mercruiser

My neighbor is getting ready to winterize his Searay that he bought used
this year. I do not the specs of his engine, but maybe someone can give a
ballpark answer. If you have a 5L mercruiser, how much gear oil is in the
stern drive? The reason I ask is that in by 60HP Mercury outboard, I only
have to replace a little over 1/2 a quart. That is because it is small and
the top and bottom screw holes are not that far apart. With his sterndrive,
the top and bottom screws are a long distance apart.

Thanks,
Jeff

BUDATLITHO

quarts.how much gear oil is
in the stern drive?

Both my twin Bravo IIs on a 31' and my Alpha One on a 22' use a bit over 1
quart each. Changing all 3 I used 3.25 quarts

Bud